The good old times seem to be over.

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Maybe we should look to the Cubans. :what:

They've got all these American cars from the 1950s and they've figured out ways to run them on kerosene, white gas (coleman stove fuel) and/or ethanol. Everything but gasoline it seems like.

hannibalhekki

cuz i like to eat!
5+ Year Member
one forum that has really helped me alot and is growing everyday is www.gassavers.org its a community where we experiment and share details of what works and what doesn't. i have my gaslog in my sig. click it to check it out!

madhatter256

5+ Year Member
i hear europe has worse gas prices and they're managing fine.
That is because they have better and more efficient mass transit. I know friends that live in UK, netherlands, Denmark, Germany and they all do not own cars and make at least $40k salary. They either ride bikes, or take the train or bus to get food, go to work, go to entertainments.

less than 40% of europeans own cars and commute more than 10miles a day. The average american commutes 20miles a day and 80% of the population owns cars.

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
140 miles to a tank.. 10MPG.. 60 bucks to fill up each week.

I'm using the gas your saving..

Jbuck2KCivic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
The ONLY electric car that I would ever consider would be the Tessla Roadster. But we all know how much they are, I guess maybe in the long run you would save money?

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
The ONLY electric car that I would ever consider would be the Tessla Roadster. But we all know how much they are, I guess maybe in the long run you would save money?
not only do i have no clue how much it is, but i also have no clue what the f**k it is....

dont ASSume

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'll still take my hydrogen car to the track when I'm 80 haha, nothing is going away just changing.

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Don't buy a prius. There really isn't a car I hate more on this earth than that car. Ugly, slow, expensive, doesn't get that great of mpg, and is actually terrible for the environment. If you want to get good mpg, buy a turbodiesel or a small, light car like a crx.

Or people will finally have to start swapping engines that make more power yet are more efficient.

Bye bye B16 and hello K20A3.
Efficient in the way it's more expensive or gets worse mpg? :lol:

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Don't buy a prius. There really isn't a car I hate more on this earth than that car. Ugly, slow, expensive, doesn't get that great of mpg, and is actually terrible for the environment. If you want to get good mpg, buy a turbodiesel or a small, light car like a crx.
you didnt read the article?!?!?!?!

116mpg!!!

but personally i could care less, i'm perfectly content getting 14mpg in the suburban and 20mpg in the wrx

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It gets better mileage unless you're driving it like a douche. B16 was rated 31mpg on the highway, same as the K20A2.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i happy with my 6mpg civic

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

Efficient in the way it's more expensive or gets worse mpg? :lol:
http://gizmodo.com/384932/next-generation-prius-hybrid-is-bigger-more-powerful-with-more-mpg

Not as slow, much better MPG, prettier? That's up to you.
Although I do agree Diesels are the s**t, my dad just bought an 05 golf TDI 50mpg

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It gets better mileage unless you're driving it like a douche. B16 was rated 31mpg on the highway, same as the K20A2.
The same is better?? I've seen ratings at the k20 at 26 and 30, the si is rated at 26-31...I usually get 32 highway on my si, I've gotten as high as 36 before. Regardless, spending all the money to swap a k series motor (as opposed to a straight bolt-on swap) for the same/worse gas mileage, with some more torque as the same horsepower is hardly efficient in any sense of the word.

Not as slow, much better MPG, prettier? That's up to you.
IMO, that is uglier than the old car...and the main issue I have with it is the batteries. The plant that Toyota uses to make their batteries does enough damage to the environment to negate any low emissions the prius has. If you take the production of both cars into account, the prius does more environmental damage than a hummer, is more expensive, and doesn't last as long. I hope they've fixed that...but I don't know.

tonyM

caca poopoo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you should be thankful you are in the honda community! domestic guys have a bigger problem on their hands than we ever will. imagine lugging around 5 liters of motor everywhere you go!
not only domestic guys, but subaru too. i try to drive out of boost to save gas.
i filled up monday for $4.16 a gallon. im already at under half a tank.
not only is the gas high in chicago, but theres so much construction. i drive 30 miles to and
from work, and each way it takes atleast 2 hours. my gas mileage is 100% in the toilet.

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you didnt read the article?!?!?!?!

116mpg!!!
Those are the assholes driving around at 50kmph on the electric motor only as much as possible with overinflated motorcycle tires on. :lol:

I know how to get 100 mpg at 30 mph without a hybrid or an intrusive hack:

The good news is, you don't look like a dork in a Prius doing 20 odd mph sweating your balls off with the windows up because turning on the A/C makes the gas engine come on.
The bad news is you still look like a dork on a Honda Step-through Passport. :rolf:

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'd rock that. Maybe I'll just buy a Ruckus and swap a d16 into it.