The H series

Ben 17

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
would it be a good idea to put a H series engine from a 97-01 prelude in my 93 Civic Dx H/B. I know Enjo
makes a motor mount kit to make this swap possible. or would it be better to put a b-series motor swap.

chrisisme

silver member???
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
this has been asked alot of times b4.. its w/e u want to spend on it. i think it would cost little more for the h series.. but search around 1 st

Dozer313

In pure bliss
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
top right corner, little white box with the word go next to it. Type H22 swap and press go. youll find all the info ull need

94civicDX

yea i drive a auto
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i think the b series would be easier swap over the H but if u gotz the money anything can be done =)

Exospeed*com

exospeed.com
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the h22 is a good platform as well to work on for your EG. the advantage is that its a torquier motor than the B-series. but for some they like the high revving B-motors. disadvantage on the H22 setup is the H22 tranny. its not as close geared as the gsr or ITR trannies.

Mr. Lin

Admiral Ackbar
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
and you can kiss your already front-biased balance further goodbye.

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
the h22a swap is obslete. if you have the time and money for it, save up a bit more and get a k series- you get the best of both worlds- the weight of a b, close gearing, more displacment than a h22a (with a k24 block), and a motor with more potential and capability than either.

Exospeed*com

exospeed.com
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
woah.. obsolete? I dont think so. There's a huge following of H-series right now, at least for the hardcore racers. More and more street and race cars are using the H-series for all motor applications. The H-series is a good platform that can make an easy 300hp and prices arent bad for H blocks and heads.

RIght now, we are doing 3 H-street/race motors. high compression, custom aluminum rods, big bore sleeved blocks, square ported heads, and more. And i'm seeing more and more out there from other fellow engine builders.

There's a revival of the H-series with the new Transmission adapter plates that are coming out soon. The H to D tranny is being used now and the H to B tranny is coming out end of this year. It totally gives a new life to the H-series with better gearing than the stock H22 gears.

bungfumaster

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
H to D tranny adapter? That's the first I've heard of such a thing. I don't mean to sound like a complete moron and ask stupid questions but do all D series trannys bolt up the same? would that mean I could slap an h22 into my 99 dx hatch (Currently D16Y7) using my existing transmission and a beefier clutch? and would that combination actually be better than using the prelude tranny?

I've been looking at an H22 swap with great lust for a few months now so this would open up a whole new box of ideas.

jasonsa

!!!TILA!!!
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I guess it depends on what your looking to get out of your car. If you want a straght line machine go with th h22. I am running a h22 right now. This motor is perfect for drag. A lot of low end torque unlike b series powerplants. But, if you want to autocross or like taking fast corners the 2.2 ain't for you.

Exospeed*com

exospeed.com
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well at this time the H to D/F to D trans adapter is only available for the EF 88-91 Civic/CRX. Applications for other chassis will be available in the future. An H to B adapter is also in the works.
Bungfu: That will be the point of the adapter plates, to be able to use the SOHC tranny and just have special engine mounts.

At this time, Bisi Ezerioah's All Motor 10 sec CRX is the only one using the F-D/H to D trans adapter. This adapter was actually made possible with his design. The adapter consists of the adapter plate, custom flywheel, and custom clutch set. Custom Mounts are also used to fit the EF chassis.
There are several race and street cars in the works planning on using this setup that are coming late this season.

Once the production units are completed, we will carry them on our site and you can get more info there.

civic95

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well with the H to B series adapter, that sounds like it'll make a pretty potent combo with the hp/tq #'s from the h22 and the gearing from lets say the ITR tranny. I guess i'd like to see a comparison, when possible, between a stock H22 w/tranny time slip and a stock H22 with the ITR tranny swap. but i'm guessing i'll have to wait some time for this.