The Hated Honda!

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the reason so many people hate on them is simple.. MOST of them are f**king fail.. and most of the drivers are that much worse..

im NOT pointing fingers but simply being blunt and honest..

wazup_74

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
the reason so many people hate on them is simple.. MOST of them are f**king fail.. and most of the drivers are that much worse..

im NOT pointing fingers but simply being blunt and honest..
agreed.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It's not the car, it's the people who own them and they image they've made the scene out to be.

Also, the production of the fast and the furious movie probably didn't help. You have yet to see a movie about "riced" out STIs and EVOs.

chaw wee

Giggity!
5+ Year Member
wow didn't expect the rudeness.. didn't know we had so many self righteous a-holes up in here... i simply wanted to know why the general attitude twords honda's is that they are all rice...

how is it a ricer mentality to want to turn my car into something nice.... I dont go out to race my car, but the road i have to travel on to get home is a heavily raced road. Its the main drag that all the kids take their cars out onto, and because i drive a honda civic people assume that i'm out there to race... the reason for me fixing up my car isnt to go race, but it will feel nice knowing that what they once thought they could beat, is now something they couldn't...
Turn your car into something sweet!!! like this awesome car, you will smoke everyone.....!
lmao

chaw wee

Giggity!
5+ Year Member
It's not the car, it's the people who own them and they image they've made the scene out to be.

Also, the production of the fast and the furious movie probably didn't help. You have yet to see a movie about "riced" out STIs and EVOs.
???? wtf two fast and the furious movies had a EVO as a main car. And the newest Fast and teh furious had a STI as a main car too.....

sf22189

names Brenton
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
???? wtf two fast and the furious movies had a EVO as a main car. And the newest Fast and teh furious had a STI as a main car too.....
agreed on the first part. In the newest movie the STI was stock. only thing it had was gray spray paint and red masking tape on it. lol

chaw wee

Giggity!
5+ Year Member
agreed on the first part. In the newest movie the STI was stock. only thing it had was gray spray paint and red masking tape on it. lol
True haha. also it didnt have a tranny and a driveline when it rolled over... :P anyone else notice that ha

PhntmSk8r

H23VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
V8 guys just sit on high horses, and cant admit defeat. I've also noticed that even when the built v8 guys are racing built honda's they're usually 2 honk racers (2 honk, half throttle, 3rd honk full throttle), then the honda has to play catch up. Im not talking about all your 4banger vs. v8 races, im talking about the built/boosted hondas doing 350-400+ and what not.

As for the idiots with cobalts (ss or non ss), and neons (theres no srt4, theyre just neons to everyone else), they're just ignorant to the fact they own a car that wishes it was an import. They usually say "its different than a honda".... how? You put something that forces air into the chamber on a 4cyl motor? Its the same f**king concept as boosting a honda.

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wow didn't expect the rudeness.. didn't know we had so many self righteous a-holes up in here... i simply wanted to know why the general attitude twords honda's is that they are all rice...

how is it a ricer mentality to want to turn my car into something nice.... I dont go out to race my car, but the road i have to travel on to get home is a heavily raced road. Its the main drag that all the kids take their cars out onto, and because i drive a honda civic people assume that i'm out there to race... the reason for me fixing up my car isnt to go race, but it will feel nice knowing that what they once thought they could beat, is now something they couldn't...
People dislike them mainly for their attitudes, and secondly because those kids with ricer mentalities race their slow shitbox hondas to public roads and risk peoples lives. If it bothers you so much I would advise to stay away from negative people and if you have anything to prove, do it at the track. You will see that it is a much better environment with people sharing the same interest, no matter what you drive.

chaw wee

Giggity!
5+ Year Member
People dislike them mainly for their attitudes, and secondly because those kids with ricer mentalities race their slow shitbox hondas to public roads and risk peoples lives. If it bothers you so much I would advise to stay away from negative people and if you have anything to prove, do it at the track. You will see that it is a much better environment with people sharing the same interest, no matter what you drive.
Perfectly said.

4banger4life

5+ Year Member
its the ricer mentality because you obviously care what others think about your car.
Then everyone who ever wanted to make their car look nice or go fast has a "ricer mentality" how stupid are you... You seriously think that people fix up their cars JUST so they can admire it... no.. people fix up their cars to catch attention...

like i've said about 3 times already in this thread... I'm fixing mine up to have something nice... so i can feel good about the thing that i spend about three hours a day driving in... and so I can have something that people look at and say wow thats clean... or nice.. or fast....

yeah i care what people think about my car... does it keep me up at night.. no... but i think everyone cares what people think of their car.. otherwise there would be all stock civics on this forum...

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
No, I don't give a single s**t about what you or others think about my pos Civic, nor did I build a fast Honda to satisfy anyone besides myself. I'd rather not even drive my Civic due to the attention it gets, but that's just me.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
4banger - A lot of people on here think that if you build your car to impress other people, you're a ricer. I don't know why so many people hated on you before you made that comment though. Some times we just get our panties in a bunch. I apologize for that :lol:

(WARNING: Psychologist coming out of me) Personally.. I think MOST people (not all) do have some deep underlying desire for others to like what they've done to their car. We (yes, I'm including myself) don't build our cars in order to impress other people, but we do feel good when other people appreciate our hard work. Whether we like to admit it or not I think most (once again, not all) do have this desire to some extent. When somebody compliments you on your car... do you smile and say "Thanks man!" or do you say "uhh.. whatever.." I can tell you that 95% of the people on this forum do give some sort of a s**t about what other people think about their car (just by viewing their reactions when people compliment / hate on them about it.) But then there are a few of them who simply don't give two shits. lol

Personally, I think as long as your main reason for modding isn't to impress people, you're ok. However, if you say, "hmm... those rims will definitely make everyone think I'm cool" or "those 15" subwoofers will let everyone know I'm coming down the road" then I think your in the ranks with the biggest ricers that ever lived.

But then again... I'm CC's most accepted ricer (however that happened.) :lol:

Anyway, 4banger, I hope you haven't gotten too offended in here. I hope you continue to stick around and learn some more.

barcafan_84

jdmfan_84
5+ Year Member
yup, everyone wants a civic cuz they're the perfect car for modifying (the possibilities are endless) or thats the word being talked in youtube, every kid wants one but as the juvenile tends to go towards riced out cars the civic is the most popular one, altho is not the ugliest riced car since fukin american cars look horrificly exagerated.

bottom line people in youtube only talk s**t cuz or they have muscle car, or a rwd power import or they're just plain haters who dont have anything else in their unexciting life but to rant about one of the most fun cars to have, hey i love my civic just the way it is, i love the way it drives should it matter that people who have other cars always say they can trash us, no it doesnt matter to me, i dont even street race lol.

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah the civic is the perfect platform for modifying....

roaddogg3034

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the civic has a large aftermarket, and plenty of cheap knockoff parts are available for it.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Unless you have a 7th gen... The redheaded stepchild of the civic world =o(

4banger4life

5+ Year Member
4banger - A lot of people on here think that if you build your car to impress other people, you're a ricer. I don't know why so many people hated on you before you made that comment though. Some times we just get our panties in a bunch. I apologize for that :lol:

Personally, I think as long as your main reason for modding isn't to impress people, you're ok. However, if you say, "hmm... those rims will definitely make everyone think I'm cool" or "those 15" subwoofers will let everyone know I'm coming down the road" then I think your in the ranks with the biggest ricers that ever lived.

But then again... I'm CC's most accepted ricer (however that happened.) :lol:
I'm not exactly sure what comment I made that stated I am building my car to impress other people... I did however say that it would be nice to see the look on peoples faces when I'm finished with my project, considering the dramatic change that is going to be done to it...

If that says I'm a ricer then oh well... I guess i'm a f'n ricer...

And thanks for actually seeing things reasonably.. i really think some people on here are jerks and need to read peoples posts a little slower, maybe they'll actually understand what people are trying to say instead of jumping all over them like they just b***h slapped their mother...

anyway... that being said, i'm not leaving because some people think that i'm a ricer for caring what others think... i'm not trying to put up a false image like i'm some tough guy who only cares what I think and damn everyone else... weather you admit it or not everyone cares what people think.. would you be caught driving around a pink volkswagon beetle?? I know I sure as hell wouldn't...