The kid still has Honda on his mind

AlexM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Some of you may remember, some may not. Been kickin' around CC for a couple years now. My first car and build was a eg hatch....

Then I sold it for a luxury winter vehicle, then this summer got the itch again and starting building this...

Del Sol ended up giving me mechanical issues which I didn't want to bother with so I sold it off. I got a 95 Golf which gets me around town and tackles winter, and now I just got a project shell....

It's a 96 CX. Bought is as the shell for a pretty good price. Car is so mint it's ridiculous. Got lots of plans for it. Will be a rather slow build come January as I'll be starting College so I'm going to try and acquire as many parts as I can before I stop working full time, then we'll see how it comes together.

00_lsvtec

5+ Year Member
Nice pick up. What powerplant are you wanting to go with?

honda22

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
alex your builds are always epic! they move so quick haha ! Subscribed =)

AlexM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Nice pick up. What powerplant are you wanting to go with?
Was originally thinking K20 but they're way overrated. Hoping to have it fully restored and rolling with a stock D in it by summer. Then the following winter I plan on doing a fully built D-turbo

alex your builds are always epic! they move so quick haha ! Subscribed =)
Thank you kind sir. This one might not go as quick, but we'll see. Car will be fully stripped down, repainted, wheel tar/undercoating removed and then paint sealed, full brake line and wire tuck, shaved bay, fully gutted/tucked/shaved interior (just plan to run seats, door panels and dash), suspension, wheels, all that jazz.

Picked up a 4x114.3 conversion on Saturday as well. CX don't have rear disks so I figured I might as well go with the 114 as they were $250 for the complete setup. Also that way I'm in the market for all the wide old school mesh wheels with low offsets . Definitely will be flaring/rolling the front fenders, and pulling/rolling the rear quarters. Gotta have at least one set of flush wheels right;)

Coqui

5+ Year Member
Another Ek hatch build :word: ill be keeping up with this build. I hope u keep it 96-98. GL with build

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Holy clean shell batman! Interested in where this build goes...

cvnig89

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
thats 1 clean shell. Good luck with the build, enjoyed your del sol build.

AlexM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
so this is gonna be slammed??
Can wait... good luck with the build...
I think it's safe to assume so. I mean....look at my last 2 builds :cool: But nah, once I get some decent power down next winter I'll raise it up. This is going to be more of a function car and used for it's purpose. I'm sure I'll get one set of wheels where I can slam and flush it. We'll see...

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hatches are so played out and over rated....
Plus, if your going to get a hatch, atleast get at 99-00....

AlexM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
New to me. I'm down with it. I like the 96-98 style anyways. So bite it foo!

Uuppddaattee**

Interior is fully gutted. All that is left is the steering shaft with a wheel. Starting to sort through the wires and get ready for the full chassis tuck

Coqui

5+ Year Member
Sorry to say this but 99-00 are played out and over rated everybody with a hatch converts to 99-00 why not keep 96-98 look? CTR Front end on the 96-98 look way better than the 99-00 anyway but hey thats my opinion.

Lopez619

Hector
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i think theres something missing under your hood but i can't quite put my finger on it :what:.
nice car man looks like a good base

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thats one clean shell, good to have you back.

AlexM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Just dropped about $100 bucks on wire tucking parts. Got some really nice nylon mesh loom, bunch of heat shrink, heat shrink tape, solder, and some butt connectors with no plastics. Going to start tucking the interior harness tonight hopefully. Shouldn't take too long. Mom has camera so I'll have to take pictures later tonight.

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looking at builds like these, make me wish I was still in my teens, living at home and working full time paying no rent.... Enjoy it while it lasts, man. :thumbs up

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey man good to see you back that's the cleanest "shell" I've seen most are beat to s**t........

AlexM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Looking at builds like these, make me wish I was still in my teens, living at home and working full time paying no rent.... Enjoy it while it lasts, man. :thumbs up
Yeah dude. I'm so lucky to have a garage, free food, rent, etc. All I gotta cover is my car costs, insurance, gas, phone bill and other things strictly for myself. It's good.