The last Harry Potter...

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I like reading if I have the time. One book I love is "A Clockwork Orange", it takes a higher level of reading to understand the dialect though.

Then I watched the move a few weeks later, and i was very glad i read the book first.

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i love that movie.. hehehe

dank try reading a book called "Choke"

91SiVTEC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
pfft... i seen that movie high as hell!

i dont remember any of the movie, all i remember is it had really good graphics!

100Percen%

The Random One
5+ Year Member
I hate Harry Potter to the depths of my soul, but my girlfriend is a freak for it. She read all the books more than once. She dragged me to the movie with the guilt trip that she wouldn't be able to see it unless I took her. I would have just watched Transformers for the second time but you know how they get all offended so easily. Worst $13.50 I ever spent. And all she did was complain about all the stuff that wasn't the same as in the book. Everybody knows by now that printed media franchises are never faithfully recreated on the big screen.

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
do you really find that shocking? have you seen some of the spelling on this site? :lol:
:lol: i suppose you're right on that one. :lol:

I hate Harry Potter to the depths of my soul, but my girlfriend is a freak for it. She read all the books more than once. She dragged me to the movie with the guilt trip that she wouldn't be able to see it unless I took her. I would have just watched Transformers for the second time but you know how they get all offended so easily. Worst $13.50 I ever spent. And all she did was complain about all the stuff that wasn't the same as in the book. Everybody knows by now that printed media franchises are never faithfully recreated on the big screen.

that's not entirely true. the first two harry potters were incredibly faithful to the books. the third one left some stuff out that's kinda important to the story later, but it was still pretty good. the deviation started with the goblet of fire. i think their biggest challenge was the started with that book.... they're all extremely long. putting 800 pages into movie form without it being several hours is just not possible.

but they did a good job with the first three.

i love books. =) i haven't been reading much the past couple months, except for a whooooole lot of manga, but that's different. i'm kinda picky on my books, and my favorite authors only release... what? once a year? maybe twice? :(

so i've finished the book, for anyone who cares. it's freaking amazing. seriously. it's intense. and surprising, throughout the WHOLE thing. nothing that i expected to happen did at all. nothing that i thought about snape or dumbledore or what would happen to all them was true. i'm sooooo glad it turned out the way it did. so glad.

if they turn the whole series into movies... it would really be amazing, visually. but they've mucked up the story too much now. i don't think they'll be able to do it the way it needs to be done. admittedly though, i haven't seen order of the phoenix yet... i've heard complaints from fans though. that was enough for me not to run out and see it.

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i seriously HATE reading but i read the 1st 4 HP books on my own in high school but im to busy to read anything but college books now, i just bought my girlfriend this new one, i'll let her tell me everything so i dont have to read it

flora

toaster oven
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
omg

*sigh* i'll be nerdy with you lena! :D

i was SUPPOSED to be reading my bookclub book but i snuck in chapters of harry potter here and there on saturday and yesterday and finished it. i'm sad its over :( I loved it though! a few of my theories were true~!

*sigh*

96greencivic

#1 in the Atlantic!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I liked reading it. We have all the books, books on CD and all the movies. My gf already finished reading the last book. She read for a solid 8 hours on Sunday. Now it's my turn. I'm only at the 8th Chapter, but it's a good read so far.

IMO, Harry Potter is just nice easy reading. The only reason I got into it was b/c I worked in a B&N and I had to keep up with all the questions parents asked. They usually asked what is the appropriate age for HP.

flora

toaster oven
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i think it's easy reading--but it is also pretty good writing. her characters are well developed, etc etc. for example i read the eragon books, and while i like them, the characters seem more flat that than rowling's characters.

DjTripp

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm not a harry potter reader (thought I've been considering it) but I do love to read. I read a lot of serial killer books (non fiction) just cause it interests me.

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Hehe, Barnes and Noble had a long ass line. I was at Wal mart getting soda and food, and there was a shelf full of Harry Potter, noone there.
hhahaha dude you shoulda came in, i was standing in line ROFL. anyway i read the first chapter the night it released and havent picked it up since. my plan is to only read it while im at work so i actually have something to do when im there.

HP 4 LIFE

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i can only read a couple chapters at a time.. my hand constantly leaks liquid from where i lost part of my palm at and i have to get up and go wash the nastyness off. but other than the constant burning of my hand the book seems nice.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I was driving home the other night, and as I was going through the center of town, the streets were littered with kids and teens all waiting to get into the midnight opening of hte local bookstores and comic shops.

B2ohBOOSTED

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i can only read a couple chapters at a time.. my hand constantly leaks liquid from where i lost part of my palm at and i have to get up and go wash the nastyness off. but other than the constant burning of my hand the book seems nice.
WOW sounds sick dude! what the hell happened to you... so is anyone going to share the ending with all the people that dont care about the book (like me) for the past week or so mtv has talked about some HP s**t and i was forced to watch and all i ever hear about is what the damn ending is... someone share with me so im not so clueless the next time i hear about this s**t...

AutoFanatik

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
so anyone wanna tell me what happens since i havent read any of the books or seen any of the movies? does he end up gettin with the girl and beatin it up?

B2ohBOOSTED

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Lmao thats what im sayin man someone just share the ending... i know atleast one geek has finished the book on this site... im tired of being in the dark when it come to HP...

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
then read the freaking books.

i'm done but there's clearly a couple people here who are reading it who might not like spoilers.

you know, christina, someone else on another forum said they're sad it's done. i'm not. the ending was so PERFECT. and we have CLOSURE! total, and complete, definite closure! none of this open ended anita blake stuff where it's not gonna end for another twenty years.

HP is easy reading, but it is indeed well written and the story is intense, imo. all those crazy british words though. :lol:

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sorry babe.

Can't do it.

I am as likely to be found reading Harry Potter and The Uncontrollable Puberty or whatever as I am to be found reading Are You There God It's Me Margret or Ramona and Beezus or something.

I just don't do pre-teen books no matter how good they might be.

wannabe

law abiding smog tech
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i got it at 1230am on sat morning. no big deal. i swear to God i was the oldest person there, not counting parents. i felt like the biggest nerd in the world, but i don't really care. i haven't started it yet but thats only because i know once i start i probably will read it all in one sitting. so i'm waiting till i have no plans at all for a good while.