The new b18c

HondaP_wer

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey guys. I just wanted to mention that I just recently installed my b18c type r engine and tranny. It's a 98 spec. It came with someheaders that are heat wrapped. But I have no Idea what brand they are. They are a big tubed 4-2-1. It is replacing my ls vtec turbo that I dropped a valve in. That engine made 255whp. But it's gone. ( :( talk about a bad day ). Anyway, I have an AEM CAI coming, 3" exhaust from the other engine still going to use, still going to use my wideband, fully redone engine bay ( by me =) ). About to redo my suspension. Koni yellows on the way. Ground controls to be purchases soon. New skunk2 upper arms on front. New (rebuilt) steering rack, oem ball joints and outter tie rods coming. And more to come soon.

HondaP_wer

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sweet cant wait to see how it looks
Ya definatly. I will post pics as soon as I get a chance. Hopefully later today. I can tell you one thing. I want different wheels. I have gun metal motegis mr7's I think lol idk.. I want bronze rays. But they are waaay out of budget. Haha

HondaP_wer

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ya know I was wondering. Does anyone how much better the engine will perform with the 3" exhaust as opposed to the oem size. Which I think would be 2.5".

HondaP_wer

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

Heres a video of my first succesful build. This is the one that dropped a valve in hole 3. It lasted about 4-5k miles.

I have a video of it running but its at night and i will take another video and upload it later but during the day.

HondaP_wer

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If I knew how I would haha. I tried but was unsuccessful. I will try again.

HondaP_wer

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Can anyone share any tips on resizing these photos? Never posted pics on here.

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Or are you saying it lasted another 5k after it sucked in a valve?

HondaP_wer

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well considering how well the engine was doing before the dropped valve was caused by me over revving the crap out of it accidentally. I would say so i didn't upgrade my valve train like I was told.

Thanks for the welcome!