the official b18a1 how to for EF civics

eflove66

well i couldn't find anything on this website for a ls walk t hrough so here goes

first, things you need to keep,
-d series map sensor
-knuckles (civic si)
-d series radiator
-d series clutch cable

things you need to buy
-DA integra radiator hoses, trim to fit
-DA knuckles(ex,lx,std)
-DA axles
-DA throttle cable
-pr4 ecu
-DA fuel line from the filter to rail

first things first, once you have your old d series out, the first thing you need to address is the rear motor mount. there will be two holes next to it on the sub frame where your aftermarket mount will sit. the rear bolt is blind. you can't get to it as is so you need to take a hammer and bash it to the side. then take 3 six inch extensions and poke a 14mm deep well socket through the heater hoses and fuel lines to that bolt. and slowly and carefully take it out.
Next address the fuel line, easy enough. if you have DA knuckles to put in, replace the ball joints and tie rod ends for good measure.
After that beat in the frame rail for alternator pulley clearence. it's right below the shock tower. not fun but it's necessary.
after that, it's cake. drop the motor in carefully, bolt the mounts in and it's all cheese from there.
now the hard part is figuring out the vacuum setup. i used the vacuum setup from a d16a6 and capped off any extra nipples that weren't used.

i'm sure i'm forgetting something so if you feel i haven't addressed anything please let me know