**The OFFICIAL CC WEIGHT-LOSS THREAD**

AutoFanatik

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
This thread is designed for those of us on CC who are looking to cut some of the fat off our physique. I know there are many members on the site that have a great deal of knowledge to help each other out and we can all learn as we go along. This will allow many of us to be held accountable for keeping up with our goals and help us push each other. Not to be divisive, but this thread is intended for weight-loss and not necessarily for bulking-up.

To address format for the thread: If we all follow the same format for discussing goals and routines, I think it will help make advice that much easier. With that in mind, let's try to keep updates as follows.

STARTING IMAGE
Height:
Weight:
Build:

STARTING DIET
Breakfast:
Mid-Morning:
Lunch:
Afternoon Snack:
Dinner:
Late-Night:

STARTING ROUTINE
Cardio:
Weight:

GOALS

By build, describe your body. Ex. "Broad shoulders, muscular legs, thick core" depending upon what you consider your build.

If you do not eat any of the above meals to start out, simply put N/A until you update.

If you do not have a starting routine, simply put N/A until you update with one.

After that, I think we should be able to just fill members in on how we are doing as we progress. Let's please try to keep the BS to a minimum because I know some of us, myself included, really need this.

Let's keep in mind that it is a lifestyle change, and not just a diet.

Good Luck CC

EDIT: Info from John

At-A-Glance Guide
Number of Meals: SIX a day, spaced relatively evenly throughout the day. Eat snacks 2 hours before larger meals.

Base most of your meals on these 12 groups of foods. Every meal should have at least two foods from the list.
Almonds and other nuts
Beans and legumes
Spinach and other green vegetables
Dairy (fat-free or low-fat milk, yogurt, cheese)
Instant oatmeal (unsweetened, unflavored)
Eggs
Turkey and other lean meats
Peanut butter (natural, no sugar added)
Olive oil
Whole-grain breads and cereals
Extra-protien (whey) powder
Raspberries and other berries

Secret Weapons - each of the abs diet "power 12" (listed above) has been chosen in part for its stealthy, healthy secret weapons - the nutrients that will help power up your nautral fat burners, proect you from illness and injury, and keep you lean and fit for life.

Nutritional ingredients to EMPHASIZE - Protien, monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats, fiver, calcium

Nutritional ingredients to LIMIT - Refined carbohydrates (or carbs with high glycemic index), saturated fats, trans fats, HFCS (high-fructose corn syrup --- BAD)

Alcohol - Limit yourself to two or three drinks per week, to maximise the benefits of the abs diet plan (the book went on to mention that if you ARE gonna drink, like, more than 2 times a week, try mixing it with fruit juice....vodka/orange juice, vodka/cranberry juice, rum/pineapple juice, etc...)

Ultimate power food - Smoothies (i already provided one of the many recipes in here). The combination of the calcium and protien in milk, yogurt, and whey powder, combined with the fiber in oatmeal and fruit, makes them one of the more filling and easy options in the diet. Drink them Regularly.

Cheating - one meal a week, eat anything you want.

Excercise program - (the book mentions its optional for the first 2 weeks of the 'diet' - i started right away) Incorporate a 20-minute, full-body workout 3 days a week. Emphasis is on strength training, brisk walking, and some abdominal work.

At-home workout - Gym workouts and at-home workouts are both detaled to excuse-proof your fitness plan.

Abdominal workout - At the beginning of TWO of your strenght-training workouts. One excercise for each of the five different parts of your abs.

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I'm in. I need to loose 20-25 lbs to get where I use to be. I lost myself lol.

Height: 5'7
Weight: 184lbs
Build: muscular, but i put on some weight.

Day 1:
Breakfast: 1/2 bowl of cereal & breakfast powder drink w/ skim milk.
Mid-Morning: n/a no snacks for me j/ meals
Lunch: Salad w/ fat free ranch dressing.
Afternoon Snack: n/a no snacks for me j/ meals
Dinner: boiled chicken breast, handful of almonds, and a banana. water + redbull while studying.
Late-Night: tuna on toasted bread with cheese.

Cardio: I cannot jog, not for me. I do a fast pace cardio work out every night. jumpin jacks, running in place, pushups, crunches, and pull ups.
Weight: I do the whole ordeal. I lift for a different body part almost every day. Taking off fridays and sundays.

oh my goal is 160lbs. by mid july

will update my meals later on in the day.

AutoFanatik

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
STARTING IMAGE
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 265 lbs
Build: Broad shoulders, "football player" build

STARTING DIET
Breakfast: Cereal & skim milk, or a bagel with cream cheese
Mid-Morning: N/A
Lunch: Lunch out, but healthy-ish (Subway 6" or Wawa 4" sub) or bring a sandwich from home & diet soda
Afternoon Snack: N/A
Dinner: Whatever is cooked at home (Dad is diabetic and cooks so it's generally pretty healthy)
Late-Night: Cereal & skim milk, bagel with cream cheese, tortilla chips & salsa, peanuts & diet soda

STARTING ROUTINE
Cardio: Elliptical 2 miles, stationary bike 4-7 miles
Weights: Bicep machine - 35x75, 20x75, 15x75; Shoulders - samex90; Triceps - samex75; Chest - samex125

GOALS
I would like to reveal the muscle that I have under my fat. I've always been a very "solid" guy with some padding, but now I want to lose the padding. I also want to try to bring myself out of the danger zone for diabetes since my dad has it.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i need a weight-gain thread lol. 5'9" 130lbs. good luck gentlemen

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yea, i don't get it though. I eat healthy 24/7. An i gained like 20 lbs.

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yea, but that has to do with carbs. Since the carbs regulate blood sugar. i hardly eat any carbs at all. Maybe 30 a day, tops. Well, complex carbs which are the ones that regulate b/s.

trace01m

E thug.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I just got sad weighing myself last night

STARTING IMAGE
Height:6'00"
Weight:280
Build:strong legs, gut, man boobs, no neck

STARTING DIET
Breakfast: something small/ cereal bar
Mid-Morning:nothing
Lunch: microwave burritos (2)
Afternoon Snack:almonds/ cashews
Dinner:whatever gets made
Late-Night:nothing

STARTING ROUTINE
Cardio:work, jup rope 2 days a week .5 hours
Weight:3 days a week/ pushups, lifts, pulls, squats

GOALS

11% body fat or less, bigger arms, more defined 6 pack

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I just want to point out one thing for all of you guys. Do not necessarily focus on losing weight. Focus on losing fat.

The scale can be your worst enemy when trying to get in shape... mainly because muscle weighs more than fat. So you may be losing tons of fat but staying the same weight. This is especially true if you're lifting.

So what should you go by? Go by the mirror and feeling. As you get healthier, you should feel better and more energetic throughout the day.

AutoFanatik

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Since i'm seeing that i'm not the only one whos not eating the best, what do you guys recommend for lunch, like bring my own i know can be healthy, but if i'm going out for lunch where should i go, just subway type?

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
bring a boiled chicken breast and microwave it. I am boiling a chicken breast now for dinner. Or a can of tuna

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok i may be the worst one here so far

STARTING IMAGE
Height:5'8"
Weight:250
Build: good arms and legs but i have a gut like no tommorow

STARTING DIET
Breakfast: if not at work..a bowl of cereal. if at work (3 days of the week) bacon egg and cheese sand. and a OJ
Mid-Morning:maybe some poptarts
Lunch: nothing sometimes. maybe a cheeseburger once in a while
Afternoon Snack:nothing
Dinner:whatevers made. most of the time we go out to a resturaunt. sometimes just fast food
Late-Night:if no dinner then wendys at like 9pm

STARTING ROUTINE
Cardio:none
Weight:none
i have a golds gym membership and dont use it....i have a gym at work and dont use it....i know i mbad
GOALS
hopefully one day to get back to about 200. it would be nice. i lost 20 pounds in jail and i think that was because of no sodas....i drink alot of soda

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
bah, damn you. I got rick rolled:(

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
If you're going out.... Subway isnt bad, pita pit, Smoothie King (I'm not sure what you have around you, but these are a few big chain restaurants that you may have.) You can generally tell what's good for you and what's not.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
for some reason i cant help but remember the episode of southpark when cartman wanted to look good for the camera so he gained like 800 lbs with weightgain3000 :rotflmfao: "BEEEEFCAAAAKE!!"

just dont do what cartman did you all have a good chance

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
If you're going out.... Subway isnt bad, pita pit, Smoothie King (I'm not sure what you have around you, but these are a few big chain restaurants that you may have.) You can generally tell what's good for you and what's not.

yea sunbay=bad in my book. mayo, their generic bread ew, and all that stuff=bad.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Subway isnt the BEST, but it's definitely a healthier option compared to the usual McDonald's, Burger King, Wendy's, and the other usual meals that people get for a quick lunch.