The Real Suicide Door.

aykay47

AyKay47
5+ Year Member
Hey everyone i was wondering if any of you couuld help me out with a window problem i have. My driver side window rolls down alittle more than 1/4 of the way down and when it gets to that point it stops and my door opens. As he window goes down the door lock comes up. idk how to fix this at all. any info or suggestions? Really appreciate it.

Jimmy2times

White, middle-class
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
sounds like your window is so off track that it's running into the latch/locking mechanism-but i didn't even know that was possible. fail on honda's part, lol. try pulling off your interior door panels and realigning the window. there's a writeup somewhere on the site-i think it's in the 6th gen section.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
:bluelol: love the thread title. its very appropriate for your situation

x2 about the window being off track. take the door panel off and get your hands in there and put it back on track. you might have to unbolt one of the window tracks to slide it into place

after you get it on track invest in some silicone spray lubricant (dupont makes a good one, found mine at lowes) and lube up the window tracks really good

aykay47

AyKay47
5+ Year Member
Thanks for all the help guys really appreciate it. Ima get to it as soon as i get a chance. Funny thing tho it not only pops the lock open it also make the external door handle lift up hahaha ghetto.

TaNk00VsM

5+ Year Member
when you take off your door panel there will be a 10mm bolt on the bottom right hand side like where your speaker is at. take off that bolt and slide the window onto to the track properly then put the screw back in and should be fixed i have this problem all the time except my door dosent open you should be able to see what is wrong once u put things back in their place...a little wd40 on the track helps too it wont stick as much and it will be smoother going up and down