The Rude HB's - Hawaiian Panda Civic

civic hatch

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
one question, a lot of work in the body, did you do anything to the engine bay, pull motor and paint flat.

The Rude HB

5+ Year Member

I started to put on some parts at this point...

The Rude HB

5+ Year Member
civic hatch...

no I didnt. its still teh factory color.
I wont even decide to do it unless I pull the motor for a swap..
for the time being. I have no reason to pull the motor and put my car out of commission.

My car is aching for a swap though. I really want to get a dual cam swap.
are there any U tube videos on it?

The Rude HB

5+ Year Member
well The following week was flat black day.

I had a terrible day painting. my gun wasnt set right. I spilled a good amount of flat black on the floor and it got on my hands. in other words I wasted paint and about $10-$20 worth of paint.

I has such a bad day I didnt finish painting my front bumper white and my flat black didnt come out right on about 25% of the areas I sprayed..

On another note. I was able to observe how my PCL flat black came out.

kind of dissapointed because I wanted a more semi gloss appearance.

I wanted the appearance that Blade's flat black looked like in his first movie. if anyone knows how to get a more slightly semi gloss look let me know.

I did like the custom look of the black rear end. My car is mostly white but if ur ever behind me, it has a sense of stealth and doesnt want to be seen from the rear. See for yourself.

I havent seen anyone with this color combination, so I like the unique appearance it has.

At this point, you'll have an idead of why I called my car the Hawaiian Panda Civic.

The Rude HB

5+ Year Member
I also took the time to refurbish the black on my door handles and made them flat black as well. I also did my mirrors. what the heck ehh?

Ok. enough messing around. I got anough of my main body done, so that means I can start putting my car back together now.. the only parts lefft are the parts I can simply take off such as my bumpers & hood....

The Rude HB

5+ Year Member
I rewarded myself with a duck bill spoiler (ebay. yeah I know I dont give a s***) from all that hard work..

Last couple teaser pics for today. Here how it looks as of today for now.. Ill keep you posted as I go....

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Looking good man. I would have painted the bumper and hatch white though.

The Rude HB

5+ Year Member
I welcome all opinions even if they are negative. Just remember before you leave negative feedback....Its easy to be a critic who's never done the work for themselves

Id rather have someone tell me something based on their own personal experiences

I dont give a s**t about the negative ones either, but if u feel strongly about it im fine with you posting it here..

It wouldnt change my mind about what my styling of the car would be. Its still a work in progress

Im not aiming to be 100% JDM either. and its not supposed to be a cookie-cutter hatchback

I just wanted to share my painting experience here mostly. enjoy and I appreciate the feedbacks

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You gutted (completely) the interior, yet you didnt spray it? Why go through all that trouble to take it all out, and leave it the stock teal color? Makes no sence to me...

civic99coupe

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You gutted (completely) the interior, yet you didnt spray it? Why go through all that trouble to take it all out, and leave it the stock teal color? Makes no sence to me...
Agreed. But otherwise, nice work. Takes a lot of dedication and time to do something like this.

A tip for the future though, make a pictures smaller, ALOT smaller.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i find this really funny for some reason...

JMan8108

SOHC VTEC SON!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Why would you leave that stuff flat black?
You have nice new paint and looks like you installed parts after you painted it...
Looks like great work, just not a fan of your styling choices at all.

OTiS133

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
looks good man. where did you get your gauge and climate control lights? and what size bulbs for the climate control? whats plans after you get it painted?

subscribed

civic hatch

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
good paint, just some tips, flats are real hard to get them looking just right, to add just a small amount of gloss look for a light clear or add a tint to your clear maybe,..

some styling tips, you have a flat black rear end but your wing is gloss.

my next time i paint my car im gonna gloss the trunk and the roof black but keep the rest of the car VSM. along with the C/F hood should bive it a nice flow.

other than that great job on the paint, trust me the prep work is the hardest part of the whole thing