The "Tegro" Type R

JDMBuilderB20B

If you know how to build your car....yet don't know that you'll be extremely far off from your "goal"....and you think slightly breaking the 200whp mark will be seen as a fast all motor Honda....it just doesn't add up.
There is a video on YouTube of a guy putting a VTEC head on a stock B20B block and making 230 hp

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Proof? You going to back that claim up or expect them to search for it?

This thread sure delivers. Can't wait for the "dyno sheet" from this "monster" build. Any progress or are we still sitting at the desk and scribbling dreams on scrap paper?

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
There is a video on YouTube of a guy putting a VTEC head on a stock B20B block and making 230 hp
......a stock VTEC head? Power is made in the head, not in the block. So a built a head with a stock block leaves how much more room for growth to reach a goal of roughly 270?

and even if that combo you speak of makes that 230 whp, it's not going to have much torque and still be unimpressive for an all motor honda.

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
I looked for said video, found like a 10 sec clip of a civic doing a single pull with a "VTEC head" and "stock internals". No official picture of the dyno graph, and in the description ah f**k it look for yourselves.....

In order to make the most power out of the type of cams guys use high HP N/A applications you have to up the compression. A stock bottom B20b/z does not have high enough compression to get the most out of those cams.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
"B20 vtec dyno day. Made 230 on a high reading dyno so actually about 30 hp off."

I found the same video but I kept searching in hopes of finding something useful....but oh well