the truth about ls rods in a d-series

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So, i know that you can fit LS rods into a d16, but heres my question, is it really worth it? Im really interested in this b/c all the aftermarket rods for the d16 are really expensive and ive heard that ls rods are a good amount stronger than d16 rods, but does anyone know how much stronger? For instance, ive heard d-series rods are good for about 200 whp & im aiming for 250 whp, so would it be a good choice?

slowhatch

torque?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
and if you have to notch the d16 block for them to fit ( like most aftermarket h beam rods). my cousins ls supported close to 300whp on stock internals but eventually stretched the head studs, i dont know if they are reliable at that level but we can always find out =)

silvertuner98

Banned
ive seen stock bottom end LS lay down about 300 to the ground. pistons didnt enjoy it tho. honestly id just buy aftermarket rods that way there isnt the modifying of the rods. too much of a PITA in my own opinion. spend $250 on H beams and be happy i suppose.

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I don't know dude but if I'm going to replace the rods in my D they're going to be replaced with some good aftermarket ones. I wouldn't want to replace my stock rods with some other stock rods but that's just me.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hmm, well does anyone know of a good place to buy some aftermarket rods?

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
silvertuner98 said:
yw

see im not a d**k to people who appreciate what i search for them =)
I could tell that from the other thread, it wasnt that (I give you mad props for that info / help you gave him). It was more so just the pithy comments back and forth that weren't at all necessary.

silvertuner98

Banned
its all good, im border line banned right now so i dont give a f**k lol. CC likes to run-off the members who actually know what they are talking about and let the ricers take over sooooo

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
silvertuner98 said:
its all good, im border line banned right now so i dont give a f**k lol. CC likes to run-off the members who actually know what they are talking about and let the ricers take over sooooo
lol...first time ive heard that.

back onto the thread though, any opinions anyone on pistons?

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
silvertuner98 said:
Hey man, don't be bad mouthing the site cause you messed up at one point. If you don't like it then leave, Not that I'd want you to leave, but no reason to be putting the site down.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dont jack my thread. go make drama in the lounge :lol: