Votes: 9 29.0%
  • Mitsubishi Eclipse 1st gen

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

TippinOver

reppin the 2StockCrew
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
so i'm debating on another project car and looking for some insight.

i like older cars, late 80's thru 90's. everything after that just seems too bubbly...like NSync was developing it. i also tend to like weird body styles, so yah...here's my options that i was thinking

1. EF hatch/ CRX, built b20, jdm CLEAN, not stripped.

2. MKIII VW GTi, vr6 engine, either built of supercharged

3. Nissan Sentra SER (older models, like, at least two body styles ago) with sr20dett swap

4. Murdered out Miata. black, black hardtop, black wheels, 5% tint, no power adder, just mad suspension

5. Lexus 4 door (mid 90's model. unsure which one just yet) full body kit, 20's. VIP style

6. Mitsubishi Eclipse 1st gen, some kind of cool 4g63 setup

im also open to other opinions. this car would be a project strictly, no DD, not necessarily for drag racing or etc, just to have.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
im also open to other opinions. this car would be a project strictly, no DD, not necessarily for drag racing or etc, just to have.

if youre looking for a car that you want strictly for drag racing, i dont think that any of the cars you suggested are really that great. for drag racing id go with a 3rd or 4th gen camaro or firebird with a 350 engine in it. theres so much power that can be made from those engines........headers alone pull out about 15-20hp. and if you have the money to supercharge that engine, youll be pullin wheelies.

clifford_05

Rockin the d-series
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i voted for the civic but the depending on the miata body style it could look really good..

TippinOver

reppin the 2StockCrew
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
no...NOT for drag racing....all around performance

yah, if i wanted to drag id be goin with some kind of big block chevy s10 setup

but i like sport compacts. and fwd. so legitimate wheel power is limited. =)

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Of course the 'effin Honda. :Devil:

But I kinda' like the B13 Sentra idea too. I would do a Sedan....an SR20DET, 4 wheel disc, all aftermarket suspension Sleeper Sedan. Black with black wheels....probably Slips. Dark tint on the back windows. Fools would never know what hit them. :rolf:

I like the 1g Eclipse/Laser/Talon idea but those cars are kinda' weak in the build quality department. You get an EF or B13 with 200,000 miles on it and it's still got good structural integrity. Throw a new powertrain and suspension on it and it's good to go. Not so much with the DSMs.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
my vote goes for the crx or miata, all around, good track car, and project, with many many possibilities.

one6

Shorts and Sandals FTW!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
What's your budget?

Tiso

Tello !
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
vip lex

I still do not understand how he Japanese made this so called "ViP" movement with tuner cars and others. That is American influenced I say

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
^^^That VW is beautiful

spook4thecia

Who Dat
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
vip lex

I still do not understand how he Japanese made this so called "ViP" movement with tuner cars and others. That is American influenced I say
I'm sure it has American influence roots, but it really started with Yakuza and the younger rich Jap mob guys IIRC. Mostly big black sedans on huge DEEEP dish wheels. Super-luxuried out interior.

If you want JDM. This is it. Everyone now has a 240 with S15 headlights and 180sx side glass. VIP is real JDM. Talk about rarity and exclusivity.

I can't believe Junction Produce even has an English site--

http://www.junction-produce.co.jp/english/catalogue/index.html

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

:werd: :word:

I don't see how it is any different than any "urban" styled Sedan deVille/Town Car/ Park Avenue...etc... from back in the day. Big rims with bold faces, loud multi-exhaust...etc...

Old Man

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
:werd: :word:

I don't see how it is any different than any "urban" styled Sedan deVille/Town Car/ Park Avenue...etc... from back in the day. Big rims with bold faces, loud multi-exhaust...etc...
i dont know how far 'back' you're speaking of...

but back in the day they were rocking 13" knockoffs hittin switches.
/insert any dr.dre video

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nawww...back in the 90's after the whole 13"X7 Daytons with 155/80R13s stretched across them style. Big still meant 17"s wiv 50 surries Vogue Tyres but they had a big blingy center section and the TV in the dash had to have a big-ass hole cut for the CRT type TV and VCR. :rolf:

How, you may be asking, do you get a 155 wide tire on a 7" rim?

Ether.

f**king dangerous as hell and scary but I've seen 'em do it:shock:

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
no...NOT for drag racing....all around performance

yah, if i wanted to drag id be goin with some kind of big block chevy s10 setup

but i like sport compacts. and fwd. so legitimate wheel power is limited. =)
Yea I misread what you said, my bad man, sorry. I like the miata, but if you want fwd, the miata is not your car, miata's are rwd. cant get a better handling car for the price though.