The Zombie donor build (avoid slow internet)

daunicorn

Deal didnt work out. Truck was realiable and worth the trade =/. So Did work on the civic today. A few things have been bugging me so decided to work on them. The rear bumper support missing and tear that was growing on the rear bumper cover, and also not fitting right I felt needed to be fixed.

Fixed this is how it started.

Found a bumper support (wish I could find a cover that wasnt trashed), and tosed some black paint at it.

Found all of the old holes, redrilled them and got the bumper mounted back up after about an hour.

Then I stitched up the bumper cover. I know it probly looks retarded or ricer, but Im tired of it tearing and cant find a decent cover to save my life in jax area. Also tired of it hanging off the car by 3 inchs.

Then I got the cover back on

I may try and fight the dash and blower motor this week end. So the car and get some heat, ac, and defrost back. Still need a few parts though.

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
what? you don't like the speed holes? =) never seen anyone lace up a bumper cover before. looks a heck of a lot better than zip ties

daunicorn

what? you don't like the speed holes? =) never seen anyone lace up a bumper cover before. looks a heck of a lot better than zip ties
Thanks had to do it to a old bike once and my old rabbit. Came out alot better then I thought it would.

daunicorn

You're in the Jax area? Small world! Can't wait to see that baby on the road! ;)
Yeap, rain screwd me over. I did get a storage unit of parts though for a steal. I have a whole mk4 20th AE GTI in my kitchen atm. Wife is PISSED.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yeap, rain screwd me over. I did get a storage unit of parts though for a steal. I have a whole mk4 20th AE GTI in my kitchen atm. Wife is PISSED.
Not gonna lie, that's pretty awesome.

Loaf31

SOHC Sedan Swag
Yeah with this rain, it's been very difficult for me to do some touch up paint work on my 93 DX sedan. So humid.

daunicorn

Not gonna lie, that's pretty awesome.
Not really I hate mk4s lol, they are donor cars to me. I thought the stuff would sale faster but so far people keep falling through at last minute.
Yeah with this rain, it's been very difficult for me to do some touch up paint work on my 93 DX sedan. So humid.
Yea, alot of work has got done in last 2 days. by the end of today the engine bay will be done metal work wise and waiting on evercoat rage gold and primer.

daunicorn

Everything is smoothed on passenger side. Just 1 more hole to patch and then add in the corner by the light. Also found a really old vintage rare steering wheel, anyone want a formuleing wheel?

Right before I cut out the hole that needed to be patched, but after I had got everything smoothed down.

Welded 3 studs on to run my wiring harness over and also attach harness too.

First patched of patch in and smoothed out. Going to weld other part in tonight, just have for form it still.

Found this guy hanging around in storage.

daunicorn

Small update I have everything firewall forward minus the ac bracket for motor. Just need to find under dash parts now and figure out what to do with the front upper control arms.

Ill be in va for a few months so no cars will get any love =/

daunicorn

Well I got home this week and got a killer deal on parts (all of which I have looked for and needed a long time). My car had no heat or ac. Everything behind the dash was gone. I found all 3 peices for a great deal. Also got a GSR rear seat, and belts. A friend had a set of skunk 2 front upper control arms, so I can now remove the crappy ebay camber kit in the front.

Last night the ac was installed behind the dash.
How it started:

How it ended:

Also removed the half ass air bag removal the old owner left. He cut all the wires but left all the parts.

Did the upper front control arm bushings today also:

And wife shampoo'd the rear gsr seats for me today. (the bottem looks great in person its really wet in spots still)

More parts will be on the car tonight, or this week. Dont get much time lately for any personal car stuff.