there is a PACKARD and STUDEBAKER meet in town all week!!

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
i was at the gas station getting a pack of smokes when i see a packard pull in... and then another behind it... so i go over to them and talk to their owners for a bit about the cars and why they're in town... turns out there's a meet here in town. it's an annual national meet for these guys... i'm gonna go see what's up this week and take some photos...

this dude had a 54 packard, the last year with the inline-8... he even opened the hood for me to see, but it was too dark to get a good photo (the pearl's flash sucks).. amazing car. here are a few quick shots i did manage to take though.. they're on my flickr.. www.flickr.com/photos/anfrey/

Sundown

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
packards are VERY sexy cars..
... but i doubt a lot of people even know what it is :lol:

terceltyler

The Silver Bullet
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
seeing one in good condition is a treat. a whole meet is awesome!

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
what a beautiful vehicle.

and your pizza rolls are bleeding.

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
packards are VERY sexy cars..
... but i doubt a lot of people even know what it is :lol:
aye. these were the second and third running, driving, on-the-road packards i have seen. the first one i saw was a black 41 in pennsylvania a few years ago.

when i talked to the guy, he said his car (the one i shot photos of) was worth about 30 grand. funniest part of the conversation was when the cops rolled into the gas station, and the dude mumbled "here comes the gestapo..." and this guy was in his 60s!!

whtcivic93

www.mm-graphics.net
aye. these were the second and third running, driving, on-the-road packards i have seen. the first one i saw was a black 41 in pennsylvania a few years ago.

when i talked to the guy, he said his car (the one i shot photos of) was worth about 30 grand. funniest part of the conversation was when the cops rolled into the gas station, and the dude mumbled "here comes the gestapo..." and this guy was in his 60s!!
:rolf: :rolf:

Show Me Them Titties
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
when i was too little to apreciate those cars i got to ride around in one a lot, i just liked it because i always got to sit in the rumble seat

My PiRRuÑa

5+ Year Member
I see u guys like old cars, Hope I can finish my 55 cadi coupe soon. I'll post some pics and get ur opinions. I'm undecided abut the paint color!

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
No Lena, you fail, you said you dislike old cars, including E30's.
there's a big difference between that and what we're talking about here. don't be butthurt 'cuz i think the car you love is poopy. :lol:

Maiku

What's up my Ninja?!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
..... :(

Yes, I love the Nazi wagen :lol:

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
roflmao... the weather's been shitty so i haven't been out there yet... plus i'm still charging the batteries for the digicam.