Ant408

Cruising In My Ej8
Registered VIP
why get it if your gonna part it out? any more info on ur s10

Blayze2010

5th gen lover
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Because it has some good parts I can use and make money on. Might actually try and get It running again. I'm not sure yet, should be going to look at it next week. The s10 is just a 4 cyl 5 speed beater truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ant408

Cruising In My Ej8
Registered VIP
in that case id go for the crx

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I like the seats. =)

It all depends on what you want to do man. For 1600 worth in trade I think it would be worth it depending on the condition of some things.

You planning on boosting your d? :O

Blayze2010

5th gen lover
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I thought about maybe rebuilding that b18b boost it and put it in the civic. And put the d16 in the crx and sell it. Or completely part out the crx and boost the d. I really haven't made up my mind lol. It's got a lot of good parts that add up to a lot more then 1600 but just like you said it depends on the condition.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I thought about maybe rebuilding that b18b boost it and put it in the civic. And put the d16 in the crx and sell it. Or completely part out the crx and boost the d. I really haven't made up my mind lol. It's got a lot of good parts that add up to a lot more then 1600 but just like you said it depends on the condition.

I like the first plan. Could bring more dough being able to resell the crx whole. So you're pretty much deciding between a boosted d, or a boosted b. :O

Blayze2010

5th gen lover
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah just have to figure out how I'm going to get it towed to my house and leave the truck there lol

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Lol yeah that's an obstacle

Ant408

Cruising In My Ej8
Registered VIP
I like the first plan. Could bring more dough being able to resell the crx whole. So you're pretty much deciding between a boosted d, or a boosted b. :O

must be a nice thing to have to choose from :lol:

Blayze2010

5th gen lover
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
No telling what went wrong with this b though. He said it knocks and has 50 oil press on start up but It will drop to 0

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I would try to get them to throw money on top...

Blayze2010

5th gen lover
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I already tried, he said just wants to trade straight

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
I would rebuild the B. The only crappy thing is converting it over to hydro but it's not too terrible. @ 20 psi it must be a small ass t3/t4 with a tiny A/R. That is a lot of torque for the hp it put down.

Blayze2010

5th gen lover
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'm sure there are guides on swapping to hydro right? If I do rebuild the b I probably won't run but around 10 psi lol

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
Plenty of writeups and hasport sells a kit, the nice thing would be you would have two cars that you can put either engine into. If the body is straight on the CRX de-rice and and put your D series into it and sell it. Pull the bottom end and find out why it is knocking, you may need a new crank and one new rod. At worst it has crank damage, in which case I would just get a new bottom end and swap the rods/pistons over.

Blayze2010

5th gen lover
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah that's the best plan I can think of. I can find plenty of b18b bottom ends around here for a decent price. Hopefully he will like the truck and everything will check out ok on the rex and ill get it next week