This is kinda weird but...

LaPlaca92

Is there a way to make your Civic sound more Muscley rather than ricey? I used to have a V8 and this car sounds awful compared to the rumble of a V8.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
There's a lot that you can do that will change the sound but it's not going to sound like a V8. You can make a Civic sound great but it's going to be completely different. What do you have done to it currently.

LaPlaca92

God knows... Some crappy exhaust that the old owner put on it. it sounds really deep and makes my head hurt when Im driving. I mean even make it sound like a Harley would be cool, that chug like sound would be awesome, would two straight pipe flowmasters do the job?

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
nope, if you want v8 sound you need 4 more cylinders. and no flownastys will not do the job.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Lol.

I'm sorry, but this made me laugh..

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
God knows... Some crappy exhaust that the old owner put on it. it sounds really deep and makes my head hurt when Im driving. I mean even make it sound like a Harley would be cool, that chug like sound would be awesome, would two straight pipe flowmasters do the job?
How are you gonna do two straight pipes, lol

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
U could do two 2 to one headers and run duals, but that wouldn't make it sound any better or different...

rice117

you'd have to lower the idle as well since the main reason the high "ricey sound" is there is because the rpms are alot higher in these cars.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
It is impossible to make a 4 cylinder sound like a V8. It will never happen.

civicfan111

Fujiwara's Tofu Shop
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
A high quality header testpipe and vat back will drastically change/improve the sound..but it's no v8

LaPlaca92

This car is s***... It is now for sale. LOL I have had it for 6 months and god damn were they awful. And as for the 2 flowmasters on a SOHC, you could easily split them and cut the cat, a flowmaster tailpipe doesn't look too nasty without a twin. But seriously, anybody want to buy it? haha, good car, just not for me.

civicfan111

Fujiwara's Tofu Shop
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Lol yu live in Florida, no wonder yu hate it. 90% of hondas in Florida have been molested by ricers and modded/driven into the ground w/o any form of basic maintenance.. It's sad :/ yet somehow I miss Florida, girls were just to damn easy there. I come back home and girls actually think..it's a reall ball buster. Can't just focus on the car anymore lol.

If ur serious about selling post it up on craigslist and tamparacing. It'll be gone quick.

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
This car is s***... It is now for sale. LOL I have had it for 6 months and god damn were they awful. And as for the 2 flowmasters on a SOHC, you could easily split them and cut the cat, a flowmaster tailpipe doesn't look too nasty without a twin. But seriously, anybody want to buy it? haha, good car, just not for me.
go buy a dodge truck and lift it like the other "hipster rednecks" around here :roll:

LaPlaca92

Any idea on what I should tell it for? I dont trust KBB cause my old car was 2k on KBB and sold it for 5k.

2000 Honda Civic LX 1.6, Auto, new tranny with about 2 months left on warranty, Rota Boost bronze 16'' rims, BRAND NEW good year tires that cost be a good penny, type r lip and grille, HID headlights, Pioneer headunit with 4 pioneer speakers and 2 12'' infinity Subs.... I think thats about it. oh yeah, it has 187k on the odo.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
U could prlly get about 20 gs for it!
Especially since it has rotas!

LaPlaca92

LOL screw you all. I was thinking about 3500 is that a fair deal? Its basically a lawn mower with 4 seats and air conditioning, and you guys specialize in those. So who else would I ask? :P