this is why i say death to SOHC

lkailburn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i posted the thread for another member to see the whole in the block. if your stupid ass would read before you post you can see than i agreed that they are good motors when built

ok you can cruz in your SOHC.
and i will blow your doors in my b20..
:P
you mean:

"ok you can cruz in your SOHC.
and i will blow MY CYLINDER WALLS in my b20.."

lol

-Luke

sc7

5+ Year Member
ok you can cruz in your SOHC.
and i will blow your doors in my b20..
:P
I doubt you're that much faster. Compared to my neighbor's Firebird Trans Am with an LS1 engine, your b20 would get it's doors blown off. Sure, it's great to have a fast Civic, and they can be modded to be very fast cars, but it's in no way the end all of fast cars on the road.

roaddogg3034

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I doubt you're that much faster. Compared to my neighbor's Firebird Trans Am with an LS1 engine, your b20 would get it's doors blown off. Sure, it's great to have a fast Civic, and they can be modded to be very fast cars, but it's in no way the end all of fast cars on the road.
woopty-f**kin-do for your neighbor.

roaddogg3034

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
All I'm saying is that people are hyping up the b series and VTEC like they're the end all of power, but they still pale in comparison to the GM LT and LS.
no engine is the end all, cuz people build things differently. and your comparing 5.7 liters to 1.6-2.0. and there are quiet a few 4 cylinder cars out there that could beat it, and get good gas milage while doing so.

sc7

5+ Year Member
no engine is the end all, cuz people build things differently. and your comparing 5.7 liters to 1.6-2.0. and there are quiet a few 4 cylinder cars out there that could beat it, and get good gas milage while doing so.
I'm not sure about the second part, but I wholeheartedly agree on the first part. I'd rather drive my RSX-s and get good performance and 30ish mpg, then a little better performance with 18 mpg. Thus, why I have two Hondas and no American cars.

Let's not forget the reliability issue, my RSX will be around long after his Trans Am. I'll also likely pay less in repairs throughout it's life, and I won't have the infamous GM Sag.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
All I'm saying is that people are hyping up the b series and VTEC like they're the end all of power, but they still pale in comparison to the GM LT and LS.
your on a honda site :what:

so of COURSE they are going to compare things that fall under that.... no one on a honda site is going to say "b series suck you should have gotten a chevy big block"...... why wont they say this? because its stupid and make no logical argument.... everyone realizes that there will always be faster cars.... the reality is there are PLENTY of fast D series motors... and if you are on a set budget dollar for follar they are BETTER than b series motors.... for several reasons.. example... if you ONLY have 3,000 to spend.. you could get a b18 swap.. OR turbo a d... the d will be faster... with a set limited amount of cash d IS better... i ran a juiced y8 for YEARS.. beat TONS of swapped cars.. juiced y8 ($500) > b16 swap ($2000).. this is all just simple logic.. ALSO if you break a d a new motor is WAY cheaper... now the other side... if youexpect to mod the car forever.. if you have no long term cap the B series is better because its just that much faster... its all in what YOU are doing and what goals YOU have... theres no right or wrong..

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
imho, the J-series engines were great SOHCs, especially the J37. 300hp/275lbft.

redej6

5+ Year Member
WTF...POS trans am.. big heavy ugly ass tank.

sohc just isnt a good motor to RUN with. for a daily driver yes.

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
its about time someone brought this thread back on topic

anymore trans am s**t and this thread gets the :lock:
let's talk about other honda SOHC engines and how they perform marvelously...

KScivic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yea!! when u dump tons of money in them!!
For a few hundred bucks less than a B-swap, I took my D16 and ran 13.2 on street tires, put down 220fwhp/200ft./lbs. on stock internals.

xxsenceo89x

aka superman
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

i rarely change oil and beat the b***h everyday. no problems just burns a lil oil