This shift knob made my car go faster!

jtyrone32

Fuel your Passion
..or looked faster? hah Just kidding guys ;) But it looks sweet.. or at least better than before. :lol: I seen a thread here couple days back. It was about spicing up your shift knobs. A very inexpensive way. Take an ordinary crayon (any color that you prefer), a lighter, and bit of your time. Melt the crayon using your lighter, onto the numbers on top of your shift knob and clean away the excess. Wiping it with your precision guided thumb worked best for me. :thumbs up (If you guys know where this thread is, kindly link it here. Give that person a shoutout since I forgot where I've seen it. :thumbup: ) Thanks!

Here's my end result: (the original shift knob on the upper left, was just a picture I took from a search engine, since I forgot to take a before pic. This is just to show comparison. The one's in the orange are mine's :lol: )

http://tinypic.com/r/2eq3rx0/6

What do you guys think? :ok:

Jose1027

Registered VIP
Thats cool :thumbup:

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

StilAHondaFreak

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looks good man, I'm tuned in for updates... Won't the wax melt in the hot car and get all over the shifter and eventually the boot? Not bashing, it's just I live in florida and I'd be worried about it melting... Let me know how it looks after a couple days ;)

Sent from my craptastic metro pcs android using Tapatalk2 (I miss my "real" internet :(

jtyrone32

Fuel your Passion
Looks good man, I'm tuned in for updates... Won't the wax melt in the hot car and get all over the shifter and eventually the boot? Not bashing, it's just I live in florida and I'd be worried about it melting... Let me know how it looks after a couple days ;)

Sent from my craptastic metro pcs android using Tapatalk2 (I miss my "real" internet :(
haha Good question man. Some guy asked the same thing on the thread I seen, then someone answered saying that If it should melt, it would stay within the spacing of the numbers and not leak out all over the place. If it does scrape it with your fingernail ahah the wax comes of easily;) lol Florida? Well, I'm staying in the Philippines for now, tropical weather like you. :P
I'll post up pics over the next couple of days. I'll park in the hot sun to test it out. Stay tunedd:laugh:

csuhre

95 Civic Hatch Guy
think in gunna go into town and grab the things i need to do this to my shift knob today i will post pics after im done.

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I was totally about to troll the s**t out of this thread because of the title.

But yeah that's a cool idea.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I was totally about to troll the s*** out of this thread because of the title.

But yeah that's a cool idea.
i come in looking for a good ol fashion bashing, and all i got was crap :(