This Wut' EP3's Can do!!!! (Video)

J18 RSA

driving god ha ha ha ha
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the ep3 type R are every where over here and they aint that quick not bad for stock and has a bit of potential but all my B16a mates waste them all day long look ok thoe for a people carrier ha ha ha

krayziejcs

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
EM1's are better :D

305! :thumbup:

civic31g

Rice Racers
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
eww mini-minivans :(

so glad they are going back to coupes :P

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
quick hatch said:
Nice i wanna k20a3 swap in my 99 4dr
that would be the stupidest swap ever, more expensive, harder swap, less parts out, and less power than a gsr motor. take off the three from the end and you got a kick ass motor though ;)

chrispyephatch

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Revolver said:
My slow ass 4thgen sedan with a Gen1 B16 made EP3's look even more laughable. Without an A or A2 head, A or A2 engine, turbo, or nitrous the Si is pathetic. Kids think they have such a badass car when they have their parents them one... WRONG!!!
Ok, if you're going to say that, think about this.

First off before saying this, I love b series engines and all civics, I just think you guys need to be a little less opinionated.

I own an ep3 and I payed for it with my own money and I know it's not a fast car. You are comparing your civic that has an engine that did not come stock in any civic of that generation and is also larger displacement than stock. It is also hundreds of pounds lighter than the ep3. So, yes, it SHOULD beat an ep3.

Now, take an ep3 and drop in a bigger, more advanced engine in it. Say, a K24A2. People have done those swaps and they are fast. I agree with you that they are pretty slow with a stock engine, but the only civic that's faster than the ep3 with a stock engine is the 99-00 si... Even then though it's pretty close and from my experience, an ep3 with intake header and exhaust will beat a 99-00 si with the same mods...

Now if it's looks your talking about, that's just a matter of opinion. I personally love the ep3 looks, especially with the JDM bumpers and side skirts dropped with rims.

Also, the record for naturally aspirated horsepower for a 4 cylinder has been set by a K series engine. If that can be done after only being in research and devolopment for only a few years, think of what is to come...

Ok, i'm done now. Feel free to flame anything and everything I said.

-Chris

GUAM

5+ Year Member
Finally someone with some knowledge! ur right majority of the older gen's don't even have the stock engine in it!,,, Drop a TSX engine into the EP3,,,then turbo and then see who's slow!!,,,,haha

Gotta love the EP3!

j_fukin_t

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
their not that bad, i just favor the em1's obviously, they could have styled them differently but honda didn't, its still a civic and will get good gas mileage anyway, there is only like 1 or 2 round here so i can't compare performance, would i buy one?? no, but they are still a nice car

chinkskater

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
too bad 6th gen's still look the best and i think most ppl on this site agree eh?

krayziejcs

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
chrispyephatch said:
Ok, if you're going to say that, think about this.

First off before saying this, I love b series engines and all civics, I just think you guys need to be a little less opinionated.

I own an ep3 and I payed for it with my own money and I know it's not a fast car. You are comparing your civic that has an engine that did not come stock in any civic of that generation and is also larger displacement than stock. It is also hundreds of pounds lighter than the ep3. So, yes, it SHOULD beat an ep3.

Now, take an ep3 and drop in a bigger, more advanced engine in it. Say, a K24A2. People have done those swaps and they are fast. I agree with you that they are pretty slow with a stock engine, but the only civic that's faster than the ep3 with a stock engine is the 99-00 si... Even then though it's pretty close and from my experience, an ep3 with intake header and exhaust will beat a 99-00 si with the same mods...

Now if it's looks your talking about, that's just a matter of opinion. I personally love the ep3 looks, especially with the JDM bumpers and side skirts dropped with rims.

Also, the record for naturally aspirated horsepower for a 4 cylinder has been set by a K series engine. If that can be done after only being in research and devolopment for only a few years, think of what is to come...

Ok, i'm done now. Feel free to flame anything and everything I said.

-Chris

when people compare the cars they compare them with the stock engine, any car will be fast with the correct swap :what:

vejita1283

import mechanic and racer
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
was an okay clip. i dont like the new civics though. im all for the EK's, or 6th gens

oompahlumpa

doopity doo
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have no beef with the ep's, I dig em. was a crappy video, but I still like the ep's

boostinhb77

EK wHore
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
joe7987 said:
eh... not one thing in that video was even the least bit impressive to me.... I mean.. that one drag strip run where the posted the 14.x second time is not something incredible. And it took that hatch forever to catch up to that white SUV on the highway... I don't know.. maybe it's just me, but I think it was a really shitty video.
i would have to agree

neaky

Nexus One
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Cool enough video i guess but could have been done a lot better and not all that impressive.