Thoughts on b20 swap

David Westberg

So I'm thinking of doing a low compression b20 swap in my 96 civic lx. But I want to get some opinions and thoughts on it before I make a decision. Any help would be nice.

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
What are your goals? Would be an easy swap but not much of a gain in power unless your planning more than just a swap

bairdandrew77

I'd say it's a worthwhile swap if you can afford it. Just know your car still won't be uber fast, so don't expect to win every race. Why are you specifically thinking of a b20 over any of the other choices?

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

David Westberg

What are your goals? Would be an easy swap but not much of a gain in power unless your planning more than just a swap

I plan on doing more bolt ons piece by piece. But I was thinking this would be a good start. Eventually my goal will be to completely customize it and build it into a rally car. But I have a long time for that. Right now I just want to make it quick and go to the drag strip.

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
A B20 won't make you quick but it's a good start, a cr-vtec would be a pretty good setup

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
That b20 still makes more power than an LS and a good amount of torque. It's a good solid engine. No it wont be the fastest but it will be WAY more fun to drive, especially in a smaller civic.

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
My B20 non vtec could hold its own with an ITR if that tells you something..
'

then again, It wasnt stock at all.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
since it says "opinion" I guess I can post......screw a B20....B20Vtec or non, unless it's turbocharged