Throttle body swap

HybridKyle

5+ Year Member
Someone screwed around in my engine bay and broke the FAWKING TPS sensor off on my B18C1...question is, will the throttle body from my B18B fit this? If not they sell replacement TPS now, but how does it go on after you drill out the damn rivets that hold it on?? Any help would be great

PS- If this is in the wrong forum sorry

SleepingSol

10sec dd or BUST
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Your LS tb SHOULD fit. dont hold me to that but it should.

HybridKyle

5+ Year Member
Ok, well, I will check it out as soon as all this crazy icyness is gone from the roads and driveway...(I HATE COLD WEATHER!!!)

Thanks!

93turbo16

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
They are all pretty much interchangeable. The only thing you might have a problem with is the throttle cable.

The TPS sensor is very easy to change. Just take off the old one and put on the new one.

THEN

You must sync the TPS sensor to .5 volts when the throttle is closed. Using a volt meter with (+) on pin D11 and the (-) to ground.

HybridKyle

5+ Year Member
I was just admiring the throttle cable situation...but I don't really think it is THAT EASY to JUST change the TPS....it is attached to the TB with rivets. So, what I am thinking I need to do is remove the TB, drill out the rivets and thread the holes to accept some small bolts...sound about right??? Thanks for the help

chestercivic

**Former** ED3, DA9 owner
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
They are not rivets. They have a head on them and once you tighten them down the head breaks off so they are already threaded. Just get some bolts that would fit so if it happens in the future it will bw easier to change.