Throttle cable or Gas pedal getting stuck WTF!?

Daddy_Digital

Haters make me FAMOUS!
Registered VIP
ok, my gas pedal keeps getting stuck. after i drive it hard or even at a long stop light, my gas pedal gets stuck. i got ur the dash and sprayed some WD40 on the gas pedal mechanism. i checked the cable under the hood and im just left scratching my head wondering why the hell my pedal gets stuck. luckily its doesnt do it when im driving. its after i drive it and i come to a stop. any ideas? suggestions? advice? thanks in advance.

RonJ

Banned
1) Make sure the throttle cable is adjusted to have about 1/2" of free play.

2) Clean the throttle body to prevent the throttle plate from sticking partially open.

3) If the problem persists, replace the throttle cable.

Daddy_Digital

Haters make me FAMOUS!
Registered VIP
dam why didnt i think about cleaning the TB? ill start with that. i bet thats all it is.

amaestre32

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
are you getting any bucking problem? like sometimes it'll idle at a certain RPM then others it'll idle at another?

Daddy_Digital

Haters make me FAMOUS!
Registered VIP
it seems like the pedal it self is getting stuck. when i get a chance ill clean the throttle body n see if that works. i just started a new job, and i got school at night. so i have hardly anytime to work on my car.

emerican

Registered VIP
Let us know after you clean the t-body if that fixed it. I hope you fix it soon man that would drive me insane.

amaestre32

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
hmm, I have this problem too I already cleaned my throttle body spotless so hopefully you don't have to go searching for different solutions

Daddy_Digital

Haters make me FAMOUS!
Registered VIP
well all it was that the TB needed to be cleaned. havent had a B series in a long time, so this easy fix slipped my mind. thanks for help guys!

amaestre32

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
awesome man, figured out my IACV was dirty for anyone else looking for other solutions to this