Throwing P0122 and P1298

JDM melbatoast

That's what she said..
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So i just ran my car because i have been having some werid throttle response lately. The rpms have been fluctuating and never stay constant. So i ran the codes and I got 2 codes
P1298 and P0122. 0122 deals witht he TPS i already had my tps changed around x mas time so im going back there to see what the f**k is up. 1298 has to do with the intake i believe. Anybody every throw these codes?

SchneidR

Keeping it clean
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So i just ran my car because i have been having some werid throttle response lately. The rpms have been fluctuating and never stay constant. So i ran the codes and I got 2 codes
P1298 and P0122. 0122 deals witht he TPS i already had my tps changed around x mas time so im going back there to see what the f**k is up. 1298 has to do with the intake i believe. Anybody every throw these codes?
Sorry bro, I know jack s**t about this, wish I could be of help.
Have you changed out any throttle parts or something?
Where does this code display?

hondagriff

Banned
Don't those OBD2 readers come with books? :lol: I don't know off hand but I think( not certain) that the last code you said has to do with the EVAP system.

JDM melbatoast

That's what she said..
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
1298 has something to do witht he alternator and some ELD thing electronic load detection???? i dont know wtf that is

DieMaster

5+ Year Member
P0122 Throttle Position (TP) Sensor Circuit Low Input

P1298 Electric Load Detector (ELD) Circuit High Voltage

i got them from Here

JDM melbatoast

That's what she said..
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah i know what they read im just curious...what the hell is an electric load detector

gearbox

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the thing in the fuse box that tells the alternator when to turn off if theres no need for it. like power conservation. usually just goto junkyard and get new fuse box. for the other code, get a whole new throttle body off ebay for $50. make sure you get one for the same transmission you have.

JDM melbatoast

That's what she said..
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Gearbox, where in the fuse box is this relay or fuse for the alternator? I had my throttle bottle changed a while back at this shop only because they told me that the throttle body had to be programmed. The weird thing about this whole problem is that the check engine light is not on...i just ran the codes because i was messing around with my OBD scanner and all of a sudden BAM the codes popped up on the screen.

gearbox

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ELD is part of the fuse box, and you cant buy just the eld separate, which is why most people just get another fuse box.

JDM melbatoast

That's what she said..
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
f**k...gay i have a digital voltmeter in my car and its showing about 13.7 shouldnt it read 14.something?

JDM melbatoast

That's what she said..
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so i took a look a all the o2 sensors while i was working on the exhaust...no poblems, then after i plugged my battery in when i was done replacing struts the voltmeter in my car says 14 volts and doesnt fluctuate at all. also im assuming because my alternator is always on, my RPMS are fluctuating and i can hear my engine go up and down 100 rpms as i accelrate or hold the car at a steady speed....f**k i hate electrical problems

JDM melbatoast

That's what she said..
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
seriosuly if i cant fix this s**t within the next week, this f**ker is going up for sale...

im going to try and replace the ELD and if they doesnt work, im goign to srping the 1.50 for a for sale sign f**k why does the emII have to be the red headed step child of all the civics????

JDM melbatoast

That's what she said..
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just called honda and the guy said i was the third civic this month with this porblem. the part cost 30 dollars and will fix the p1298 and my erattic rpms.