Ticket for loud exhaust

chia_han_didi

5+ Year Member
Anyone in the Birmingham,AL area ever get pulled over or heard of anyone get pulled over for a loud exhust?

civicfan111

Fujiwara's Tofu Shop
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
In Florida they don't pull u over for it, but I know they add it on as an extra ticket if they catch u speeding or something along those lines.

But if u have emissions and ur exhaust is really loud, ur shot is illegal 9 out of 10 cause of lack of cat lol

00_Civic_Si

BrokenEM1
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
If your exhaust is loud, take your ticket and don't complain.
If you actually have a quieter exhaust, and couldve been mistaken.. tell the court that, and see where it goes (I'm not responcible for your outcome).. just giving you some advise.

Robin...

D-Series Soldier
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If your exhaust is loud, take your ticket and don't complain.If you actually have a quieter exhaust, and couldve been mistaken.. tell the court that, and see where it goes (I'm not responcible for your outcome).. just giving you some advise.
:word:...

chia_han_didi

5+ Year Member
I'm not in b'ham now. I put one on for the heck of it this summer. I was wondering if I should take the trouble and put my stock muffler back on befoe I go back. I'll be going back to hoover. I was just wondering if there was an actual law that says you can't have a loud exhaust. I've read that in NY you're not allowed to have any time of aftermarket exhaust, even if it's just as soft as stock. and VA ppl get pulled over all the time. Just wondering if anyone knows it applies in Alabama too. But I guess I'll change it back lol

jonathanjon3s

we dont have emmissions laws. we dont have to have cats or nething like that. but if a cop hears u, and hes a d**k... yea, he will give u a ticket for the hell of it. the twin loop mufflers are rly quiet from what i hear. and hoover and pretty much the surrounding area the cops r dicks. take it to court and tell them that u have replaced the muffler and they will prolly drop it

chia_han_didi

5+ Year Member
which cop isn't a d**k. lol i kid. so i didnt get a chance to take it off and so i'm driving it now with the exhaust. we'll see how that goes =S

stickeyrice84

5+ Year Member
u could just put the silencer in it and rock out, that's how i would get around it in my back woods town just got tired of them pulling me over and checking my car out so they could waste their time as well as mine

chia_han_didi

5+ Year Member
so far i've been okay. i've driven by a bunch of cops the past few weeks, and they didn't pull me over. but i obviously tried to keep the sound low by now reving too hard.

m1tanker

COMBAT VETERAN
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the only thing you really gotta watch out for in bama is your headlight color.....this is why i carry around a copy of the vehicle lighting laws with me. the one for headlights is alabama code 32-5-241,242, and 243. these three sections will cover all vehicle lighting

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Just don't be surprised IF you get stopped. Took me 3 years before I was stopped with my exhaust. Then I was slapped with a $351.00 ticket for "inadequate exhaust"... all while a lifted truck with dualies drives by, MUCH louder than mine... lol. But that's the way it goes with us Honda folk. I only had a 2.25" exhaust, still with a cat. and a muffler from whatever shop I went to.

I fought the ticket and won, though, but either way not complaining. I was driving through the "speed trap" town, which is basically a one light town that is the shortest route between NY and MA.

lovemy96civic

5+ Year Member
Just don't be surprised IF you get stopped. Took me 3 years before I was stopped with my exhaust. Then I was slapped with a $351.00 ticket for "inadequate exhaust"... all while a lifted truck with dualies drives by, MUCH louder than mine... lol. But that's the way it goes with us Honda folk. I only had a 2.25" exhaust, still with a cat. and a muffler from whatever shop I went to.

I fought the ticket and won, though, but either way not complaining. I was driving through the "speed trap" town, which is basically a one light town that is the shortest route between NY and MA.
Yeah...

To be honest, I don't understand laws about exaust. I never hear about big ass trucks with loud exaust being pulled over, or some motorcycles. iiddkk

slwrthnu

Car Ramrod
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I get harassed like its my job here in NY.. Well I don't have a cat and its just 2.25 all the way back. So I had it coming for me. I can't wait till I'm back in FL and show all them how us YANKEES roll hahaha

m1tanker

COMBAT VETERAN
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
im runnin a stock manifold and nothin but pipe and a flowthru muffler no silencer

m1tanker

COMBAT VETERAN
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
havent gotten pulled over for it YET but as far as i know there isnt a law about exhaust in bama other than the noise level is at the officers discretion

civicmand16y7

Registered VIP
havent gotten pulled over for it YET but as far as i know there isnt a law about exhaust in bama other than the noise level is at the officers discretion
yeap what he said...that why i like bama there is no motor law eaith can build one as big as you want. turbo supercharged nitrous you can put it all on there....but they dont like it when you start to change the colors of the head lights and stuff.