***TIENR's*** Official JDM Build Thread

AlanZ

5+ Year Member
yea sorry about forgetting that stuff today. you know how it goes. hopefully i don't need a vin for that Z6 gasket, and hopefully they have or can get one quick. I'll call you tomorrow night, and I can't wait to see that interior done. Let me know if you wanna do the dash, I really wanna do mine...

AlanZ

5+ Year Member
if we can't get that right fitting, maybe we can just run a new hose since it's just for the crankcase breather? it'll just be oily air.. I think...:???:

tienr

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea, so i have the intake manifold installed....sort of

i need to get a fuel rail and new throttle wheel, because the y7 stuff wont work on it....however, i did manage to reuse all my sensors and hoses, so i'm just waiting for those parts.....if my cousin can't get me the fuel rail, i'm just gonna drill holes into the y7 fuel rail and make it work.

i'm also getting a bike in a couple of weeks...but don't worry, this is not going to be taking any cuts from the project....college finals are near, which means i will soon be working full time again

oh yea, my sidemarkers came in the other day also, my headlights should be coming in a couple of days...

tienr

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so i got workin on the car a little today. i had to depin and repin my cluster harness for the SI cluster (use to be a GSR cluster). after that my cousin gave me a throttle body from a b16, but all i used was the throttle wheel, and did minor mods to make it work with y7 throttle cable and such.

then i started to drill the fuel rail. I finished that and was about to install my injectors, but i noticed that i badly need injector o rings....yea they tore when i tried puttin them in the fuel rail:???:

so tomorrow i'm gonna try and pick some up and install the rest of the motor stuff....then i gotta wait till my coupler comes in so i can attach my intercooler pipe to the new intake manifold....then i will start it up for the first time with the new manifold....i took pics, but not posting them up until i get everything in the engine bay straight.

VTi_ME

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Looking good buddy,GEt a JDM EK clock in there =)

tienr

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
alright, haven't updated in a while but here i am....

got my coupler and the IAT sensor hole drilled in the charge pipe so i installed everything....went to start it up for the first time after the intake manifold swap.....took about 3 seconds for the walbro to fill it up with fuel and it started right away.....its runnin rich cuz of the fuel pump...but its runnin......tomorrow i'm gonna go take it out for a test drive and make sure nothing is leaking......if all is good..........................

tune at 13psi=)

i got pictures but its too late to post them up....tomorrow i shall have pics