Tighter Steering Wheel

manu

5+ Year Member
I recently bought a EM2 with a K20A2, my last car was a 2003 Rsx-Type S I notices that the steering wheel on the civic is a lot more loose, the RSX was tighter to turn and felt better at higher speed, compared to that the civc is loose and seems to have a lot more play to it.. any ideas?

JerseyStrong

EMII
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
thats a civic for you. Just about any other car has a much tighter turn.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
^^ :word:

a civic is going to feel like a wheel-barrow compared to most other sporty cars

raz18

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
so how do we fix it? i would like to know too

raz18

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah but wouldnt it be better for the handling of the car?

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
You trade the s**t back in for the Type S :what:.

raz18

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^^ lol yep. but where that em2 love at man!? haha

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Get a smaller steering wheel. Handling will feel more responsive. Smaller steering wheel = less rotation of the wheel to turn = quicker "steering".

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Seriously though, can the OP explain why he went from a Type S with the K20A2 to an EM2 with a K20A2??? Its the same damn engine...and it seems to me that a car with a stock engine is probably more reliable than a swapped car.

ryanM

Seriously though, can the OP explain why he went from a Type S with the K20A2 to an EM2 with a K20A2??? Its the same damn engine...and it seems to me that a car with a stock engine is probably more reliable than a swapped car.
to the uneducated it WOULD seem that way...

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
It's possible his old car was wrecked or stolen... I doubt he traded it in.

ryanM

oh yea.

if you want to tighten it up

urethane (or solid if you are cool) steering rack bushings ( i doubt they make these for 7th gen, but who knows)

smaller steering wheel

steering ratio quickener (i doubt they make these for 7th gens... unless you can make an RSX one work)

i think thats about all you can do on a civic.

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
maybe for lower insurance and the sleeper effect;)

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Install a Neuspeed front strut bar, EP3 steering wheel, it should do the trick for you, or close. 6th gens are even worse when it comes to a loose steering wheel...

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Depending on who did the swap, no its not entirely false. If you did the swap, it would probably be pretty reliable, if I did it.....not so reliable :lol:.

manu

5+ Year Member
interesting

I did wreck my RSX and I used to have an EJ8 so an EM2 with a K20A2 with lower insurance and the "sleeper effect" is nice..=)

I thought it would have something to do with the power steering giving to to much assistance...?