Tiko68 Log

Tiko68

Hey my name's Rodny and I picked up this Civic about 2 weeks ago for $300. Doesn't run, maybe blown head gasket or hole in the cylinder wall since it has zero compression in one of the cylinders.. Paint's a little rough, but I am getting it repainted black again. Not sure if I am going to fix the D16Y8 (assuming it's not trashed) or drop my son's old B18A1 into it. Either way the motor will need to be rebuilt. Here's a couple pics of it.

el_betiyo

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Not bad for $300

Welcome to CC

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I really hope you leave your taillights like that.

FAC3L3SS

Registered VIP
:rolf: It's a new trend!

Looks like a solid investment for $300, though.

1997EK

1997 Civic DX (EJ6)
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Not bad at all for $300. Good luck with her and have fun! Looking forward to seeing more from you.

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nice man its a diamond in the rough. swap in a b and convert to manual!

Tiko68

I have the B18 that came out of my kids integra, I was thinking abouth using that motor or just fix the D16 for now, ill be picking up a 5 speed trany for $50 tomorrow.
we drop a B20 on my kids da, heres some pics of his car
before

after

before

after

FAC3L3SS

Registered VIP
DAMN :shock: you saved that DA!

Use his B18. It might be somewhat tricker since it's from an early Teg, but you've got like ALL the vital parts, so it's still super cheap.

Tiko68

got the timing belt, head gasket and water pump
pull the head and no blown gasket:shock:, the pistons look really dirty a lot of build up.
I'll b pulling the motor to do a 5 speed and clean it and painted, maybe rewire the harness just to make it look better.
need to get this thing running so my friend can paint it=)

this better for u guys!!:D

Robin...

D-Series Soldier
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Not a bad deal for $300, not feeling the tails...

Tiko68

I was just playing around to see what it would look like.
I think I want the car all black but not sure if thats what I want , the tail ligths r cracked so thats why i painted them black (smoke)
I'm getting some more parts today, intake manifold (skunk2), header (Megan), MSD igniton system and a vtech valve cover from a friend for $200.
I want to drop the car about 1.5-2" do you guys have any suggestions on springs and can i do it with the factory shocks?

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I <3 looking at stock Y8 engine bays for some reason.

The car was a great pick up for $300, I wouldve loved to find something like that. Did you find out what was the reason it had no compression??

Id throw the B20 in there, youll need an Si rear T bracket and Si driver side post mount.

Tiko68

I <3 looking at stock Y8 engine bays for some reason.

The car was a great pick up for $300, I wouldve loved to find something like that. Did you find out what was the reason it had no compression??

Id throw the B20 in there, youll need an Si rear T bracket and Si driver side post mount.
I dont know, I send the head to d shop so they can resurface it and do a valve job.

The B20 its in my kids integra, I have the B18 sitting in the garage, the plan is to fix the B18 (new pistons and cams) my friend from go-autoworks.com is going to help me build the motor, I really want a two door integra or a 3 door civic to install the B18:D

Tiko68

got my head back today, looks good
pick the trany with some parts but I need the ECU and couple of parts.
painted the valve cover.

Tiko68

Got the motor put back together and it runs really good, I guess it was the build up on the valves and pistons.
Haven't change the trany, will do after paint.
I still need the ecu, pedal, shifter and I think I need to change the intake manifold for a 5 speed

kyle97charlie

68% right 100% of th time
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Holler at me if you need any d series parts... i'm in northeast alabama. i've got several transmissions, a spare head, block, a five speed ecu, and a set of axles.

and if you wanna have fun i've got a jackson racing super charger for a d series. =)