tint ticket question

Sjdmem1W

5+ Year Member
okay so i got a tint ticket the other day.
i was wondering if i take a frinds car thats exactly the same model and color as mine, but with legal tint to the court date, if i could get out of paying the fine and removing my tint. or do the check your registration and such?

jakeshatchzc

5+ Year Member
not sure
but i do know if you get caught your screwed

projektej8

-------------------------
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ive gotten away with it a few times, but switch the plates. id be very surprised if they checked the vin number

dtgrowl

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
trade him windows for a day (if the ticket is for the front windows)

bionictony

5+ Year Member
some inspectors do look for the vin numbers.. either on the dash or firewall. depends on the actual inspector though, if they're lazy or not, etc.. hard to tell. is it a fix it ticket? in california, if they give you a fix it ticket, you fix your problem, take it to the police dept and have any officer sign off your ticket, and pay a small fee.

projektej8

-------------------------
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
some inspectors do look for the vin numbers.. either on the dash or firewall. depends on the actual inspector though, if they're lazy or not, etc.. hard to tell. is it a fix it ticket? in california, if they give you a fix it ticket, you fix your problem, take it to the police dept and have any officer sign off your ticket, and pay a small fee.
In LA maybe, but I highly doubt theyre gonna be checking VIN's in Alabama

chadi

chuatZ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
good luck with that...if you get caught. it wasnt CC's idea, so dont come back and b***h

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
id just switch windows with him its like a 30 min thing, and you will still have your car,ill tell ya how to get the windows out if you want

xirixh3x

5+ Year Member
You could have just said you bought the car like that...thats how we get out of those types of ticket's in illinois

Sjdmem1W

5+ Year Member
You could have just said you bought the car like that...thats how we get out of those types of ticket's in illinois
I actually did say that, and all he said was " it shouldnt be that big of a deal to take it off then, now should it".

chadi

chuatZ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i wouldnt be suprised if they went after you about your hids too.

personally, id take it off, and get it redone to a legal %

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yah dood, just take it off, dark tint doesnt look good anyways, i have legal tint now, and i use to have 5% its better, cause i can actually see at night now

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
and im pretty sure alabama tint laws are only for fronts, they use to give me holy hell about my windows, and all they got pissy about was the front

Sjdmem1W

5+ Year Member
well the officer said legal was 35% all the way around and i have 20%. just trying to get tha quota i guess.