Tint

FhCRubarb

Rice 4 Life
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Im just curious on what your peoples thoughts on TINT is?
Seems like all the Modded cars dont have it?

eviLsliDinciVic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Im getting it only on my 7th gen..this Friday..that's probably the only "show" thing I'm doing..if you consider it show..Just the 35% all around on my sedan..:lol:

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the darker the better. Yes, heavily modded cars will generally not have it because they put as much money into their engine as possible, and tint can go anywhere from $150 to $300.

I plan to get tint on my ride one of these days. :???:

ZuM00Si

Jack Load
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have tint lets see I have 20% in the back and 35% on the front. and 35% on my sunroof. Nothing to dark or anything. I havent got popped for it and I have had it over a year already just to give you an idea. 3M tint is the best tint on the market right now. I am going to switch to it becuase the lumar that the company I got it at was just crap. If you knew people at car dealships like general sales managers and things they can hook it up with tint prices. I got my back 3, front 2 and my sunroof for $100. Normally that would be like $250 or so. Next time I get my windows done I am doing the front winshield like a 50% something really light but still help out with that damn sun =)
Javier

FhCRubarb

Rice 4 Life
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ya i have 20 on the back 35 front too it cost 190. Ya so i guess the people with the modded cars would rather spend their money on other s**t besides tint? Seems like they could make room for it in their budget, i love it.

eviLsliDinciVic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah there's a pretty widely known tint shop here in our area and I'm getting Onyx 35% they said that is more "sportier" or I could do the platinum tint which is like the mirror tint on the Lexus' not too dark not too light but you can see through fine..but 'd be afraid I would get stopped and the mirror tint doesn't look THAT great on a black car..So I'm just getting the 35% all around..I was going to do 20% in the back but I just wanted to get it the same all around..I'll take pics and post them this weekend..

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by ZuM00Si
I got my back 3, front 2 and my sunroof for $100. Normally that would be like $250 or so. Next time I get my windows done I am doing the front winshield like a 50% something really light but still help out with that damn sun =)
Javier
OMG!!! Hook me up i will drive all the way out to modesto for that kind of deal ... i just want my back doors and back window tinted!

DAMN everything is cheaper out there ... i already went out there near the beginning of this year to get my alarm.

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Gotta' have my tint. Back windows are 5% sides are a legal 35%. (Arlington P.D. will give you a single edge blade and make you cut it off right where they pull you over) My car wouldn't look right without it and be hotter n'hell in the summer.

Je

the white hatch
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just dont get the front tinted to dark, just another reason for some gay ass cop to pull you over

FhCRubarb

Rice 4 Life
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by eviLsliDinciVic
Yeah there's a pretty widely known tint shop here in our area and I'm getting Onyx 35% they said that is more "sportier" or I could do the platinum tint which is like the mirror tint on the Lexus' not too dark not too light but you can see through fine..but 'd be afraid I would get stopped and the mirror tint doesn't look THAT great on a black car..So I'm just getting the 35% all around..I was going to do 20% in the back but I just wanted to get it the same all around..I'll take pics and post them this weekend..
MIRRION TINT DOESNT LOOK GOOD ON A BLACK CAR?????

GEt some phat rims and Mirror tint and YOUR SET:santa:

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by 92CivicVX
Just dont get the front tinted to dark, just another reason for some gay ass cop to pull you over
:werd: Fellow cc member sublimewls had 5% on the back and 20% on the front and got pulled.

N1EX

Red_Robin
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I like to keep it uniform...20% all around, or as the cop who pulled out his tint-o-meter on me would say.."you got 23% tint son, you need 50% to be legal."

B17rice

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i have 20% all around, i love it.

anyways on heavilly modded cars you wouldnt put tint for the purposes of shows, if the car is in a show, you would want people having a hard time looking in. but for daily driving, it is a good investment. keeps the sun out a bit, more pricavy, stickers look better .......

Je

the white hatch
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I just want tint so noone can see me smoking in my ride :P

eviLsliDinciVic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by FhCRubarb
MIRRION TINT DOESNT LOOK GOOD ON A BLACK CAR?????

GEt some phat rims and Mirror tint and YOUR SET:santa:
There's a few cars around ehre who have the faded mirror tint..ya know what I am talking about? Mirror tint on the bottom and then just plain black tint on top..and it fades into the mirror on the bottom..make sense? If not sorry..I'm lame like that..Phat rims? Nah..I don't DO rims..unless they're really lightweight ;) And mirror tint? not sure I am feeling the mirror tint though..On some cars looks nice..but not on an everyday daily driver. A good friend of mine has a 98' 240SX Silvia conversion and she had mirror tint on it..looked good it WAS black now it's yellow!

BlackDX

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The g's around here always get that faded mirror tint on their rides. I can't stand the look of it, its like they couldn't afford mirror so they get just half the car mirror and rest black.

I have 8% all the way around with a 8% stripe on front about 5-6 inches wide. I love the way it looks since car is black and highbeams never bother me. Never really had a problem with cops pulling me over cause of it. One cop (pulled me over for speeding) checked my tint and said it was illegal and asked if i was wearing my seatbelt, I told him no and he wrote me a ticket for no seatbelt and let me slide on the speeding and tint.

2kstreetcivic

Runnin to Redline
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I tinted all my windows 35% and the sunroof the same...got charged 250....Kinda expensive, but didnt shop around

N1EX

Red_Robin
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
faded mirror tint looks absolutely ridiculous

CivicWI97

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That faded mirror tint is all you see on those beat up POS cars in the city.

What exactly is this tint-o-meter thing? How does it work?

And you know the po have nothing to do if they're out tint-o-metering peoples' cars for fun. I hate that crap. :x