Tint

whitey53005

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I was just wondering what the legal tint percentage is in Wisconsin? If anyone happens to know please tell me. I want to get my window's tinted in May after school is out. Thanks

tnk

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
the average my guess would be 30-35-ish is the legal limit but anything darker is illegal.

celtic11

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I would search google to be sure. In Ohio it is 50% on the front three and as dark as you want on the back.

tnk

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
some people who will do illegal tint wont give u a receipt so if they a gaurantee that'll fix bad tint and u go back, they might deny u. thats what happened to my friend. but just call tint shops to see what the legal tint is and how much they charge.

try this http://www.iwfa.com/iwfa/Law_Chart/State Law Chart.htm

playalindask8er

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i dunno i live in florida and they sell under 10% just in auto stores n walmart for the DIY tints

Astheros

AMPhotography
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Wisconsin Window Tint Law
Wisconsin Tint Law Enacted: 1996
HOW DARK CAN WINDOW TINT BE IN WISCONSIN?

Darkness of tint is measured by Visible Light Transmission percentage (VLT%). In Wisconsin, this percentage refers to percentage of visible light allowed in through the combination of film and the window.

Windshield Non-reflective tint is allowed along the top of the windshield above the manufacturer's AS-1 line.
Front Side Windows Must allow more than 50% of light in.
Back Side Windows Must allow more than 35% of light in.
Rear Window Must allow more than 35% of light in.

HOW REFLECTIVE CAN THE TINT BE IN WISCONSIN?

Similar to sunglass lenses, some tinting film contain metallic elements that help in reflecting incoming light and reducing the glare and heat generated by visible light.

Front Side Windows No reference to reflectivity in the current law.
Back Side Windows No reference to reflectivity in the current law.

OTHER WISCONSIN RULES AND REGULATIONS

Restricted Colors No colors of tint are explicitly banned.
Side Mirrors Dual side mirrors are required if back window is tinted.
Certificate Requirements Manufacturers of film do NOT need to certify the film they sell in the state.
Sticker Requirements No sticker to identify legal tinting is required.
Medical Exemption State allows medical exemptions for special tint. For more details about the specific terms of the exemption, consult your state law.

Za0G13

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i don't think i wanna tint my glass anyways, i'll leave them plain clear. but, just go to the tint shop and tell them you want your car's windows tinted "darkest but leagal" tell them that. i want my windows tinted as dark as you can make them but just at the leagal mark. they'll understand.

Astheros

AMPhotography
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I am doing limo in the back three of my coupe and 30-35% on the front 2 with a 6'' stripe on the windshield...but i am waiting till it gets warm...HOT s**t!...then i can take some girls in the back. :-)
Random Note: Missionary works best in the back of a coupe.

whitey53005

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Astheros said:
Wisconsin Window Tint Law
Wisconsin Tint Law Enacted: 1996
HOW DARK CAN WINDOW TINT BE IN WISCONSIN?

Darkness of tint is measured by Visible Light Transmission percentage (VLT%). In Wisconsin, this percentage refers to percentage of visible light allowed in through the combination of film and the window.

Windshield Non-reflective tint is allowed along the top of the windshield above the manufacturer's AS-1 line.
Front Side Windows Must allow more than 50% of light in.
Back Side Windows Must allow more than 35% of light in.
Rear Window Must allow more than 35% of light in.

HOW REFLECTIVE CAN THE TINT BE IN WISCONSIN?

Similar to sunglass lenses, some tinting film contain metallic elements that help in reflecting incoming light and reducing the glare and heat generated by visible light.

Front Side Windows No reference to reflectivity in the current law.
Back Side Windows No reference to reflectivity in the current law.

OTHER WISCONSIN RULES AND REGULATIONS

Restricted Colors No colors of tint are explicitly banned.
Side Mirrors Dual side mirrors are required if back window is tinted.
Certificate Requirements Manufacturers of film do NOT need to certify the film they sell in the state.
Sticker Requirements No sticker to identify legal tinting is required.
Medical Exemption State allows medical exemptions for special tint. For more details about the specific terms of the exemption, consult your state law.
Great Information.....Thanks a lot