tinting tailights without paint

lucas29k

5+ Year Member
was wondering if anyones ever tinted thier tail lights with like walmart window tint or if it would work. im gettin bored with my stock tail lights and wanna tint them. dont really wanna paint them, was wondering if window tint worked so if i didnt like it i could just take it off.

DailydrvnCivic

5+ Year Member
me and my friends were talking bout it yesterday and told me its cake.. any tint should work just get ur taillights soaked with soap and water and u can just lay the tint and move it around how u want it and go over it with a credit card to get rid of the bubbles.

nicoyita1

I eat rice. And beans.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
lol @ this thread

nicoyita1

I eat rice. And beans.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
OP: Prepare to be flamed. CC is NOT the place for rice (for future reference)

DailydrvnCivic

5+ Year Member
since when is tinting tailights rice, i havent done it but i no some friends that have and it doesnt look bad

Lopez619

Hector
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
some dude on legacygt.com did a walktrough of tailight tint with home depot tint, came out pretty dope but it was on a legacy. cant see y it wouldnt work for u

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Alot of other forums of different cars do this type of stuff because theres not too much aftermarket support for their rides except for the s**t everyone calls RICE. LEDS, Neons, outrageous wings, ____________________<<add your ricey part here

Since there alot of mods for our beloved civics, we have transformed past the rice of other cars to make ours genuine and stand out from the other cars out there.

nicoyita1

I eat rice. And beans.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Alot of other forums of different cars do this type of stuff because theres not too much aftermarket support for their rides except for the s**t everyone calls RICE. LEDS, Neons, outrageous wings, ____________________<<add your ricey part here

Since there alot of mods for our beloved civics, we have transformed past the rice of other cars to make ours genuine and stand out from the other cars out there.
very well said, sir. The same stuff that sometimes looks good on other cars does not necessarily always look good on our civics. If fact, most of the time it looks bad. ie: Body kits might look good on mr2's. NOT on civics. Lambo doors look good on DUBmobiles (and lambo's of course), NOT on civics. You get my drift...

lucas29k

5+ Year Member
ya well thanks for the people that actually helped. and for everyone else that says rice u can pretty much screw off. its my car not urs. i think the term rice is the stupidest thing ive ever heard and its annoying. if my car still looks clean and not shity looking or anything then i think its fine. rice is really just someones opinion of someones car. it seems childish for people to always be tellin other people thier car is rice or whatever. its thier car not yours =)

DailydrvnCivic

5+ Year Member
very well said, sir. The same stuff that sometimes looks good on other cars does not necessarily always look good on our civics. If fact, most of the time it looks bad. ie: Body kits might look good on mr2's. NOT on civics. Lambo doors look good on DUBmobiles (and lambo's of course), NOT on civics. You get my drift...
nobody is talking about lambo doors or bodykits were talking about tinting taillights buddie and if he wants to do it then let him do it, i personally think it looks pretty good because i have a friend with an 8th gen and a friend with an integra that tinted the white part of the taillight red so therefore the whole taillight is red

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
its my car not urs. i think the term rice is the stupidest thing ive ever heard and its annoying. if my car still looks clean and not shity looking or anything then i think its fine. rice is really just someones opinion of someones car. it seems childish for people to always be tellin other people thier car is rice or whatever. its thier car not yours =)
Depends on who u ask

KyleEJ8

5+ Year Member
lol i got tinted 00 civic tailights on my car and they look sweet in my opnion but if u tint yours just make them a little darker not like pitch black or somthing. and btw whats this tinting talight rice garbage? its not like hes got euro or altezza lights hahahah

DailydrvnCivic

5+ Year Member
lol i got tinted 00 civic tailights on my car and they look sweet in my opnion but if u tint yours just make them a little darker not like pitch black or somthing. and btw whats this tinting talight rice garbage? its not like hes got euro or altezza lights hahahah
Thank You u jus proved my point

NIKE H34D

Slow and Loving It
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Dont tint the full lights, only tint 50% if you do it, all black is ugly and ghetto looking.

Noodler

I wear socks
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
this is an example for taillight tinting and this civic is cleannnnnnnn
http://i842.photobucket.com/albums/zz344/JRey-2009/Coupes/8-15-09-097-11.jpg
looks more like smoked taillights than tinted. But if you can get that smoked taillight effect without making it look like ass, congrats.

These look like ass. And its what you're probably gonna end up with if you tint/spray your taillights. Dont be surprised if you get rear ended either.
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg216/rocknskuls/100_0866.jpg

http://taillighttinting.webs.com/Thomas CivicR.jpg

http://s.ecrater.com/stores/83546/4a35364a84621_83546n.jpg

lucas29k

5+ Year Member
damn that looks perfect! i didnt plan on blacking them out. my headlights are smoked so i think it would look good with them. if i could get mine to look like that in the pic id be happy lol u know what percent that is? and is there a special window tint u gotta use?