tinting the back window

chuco

whats up guys, i am planning on taking off the cheap old tint from the back window but there are defroster lines going across it and i think the radio antenna is in that window. is there any special way of removing the tint without messing up the defrost lines?

WalkingComplex

Stock As All Hell
Registered VIP
a paint scraper, just dont scratch the windows or the defroster lines.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Actually there is another way that is a lot safer and will leave a cleaner window. You will need a large garbage bag, windex, and a credit card. It will be best if you can remove your rear deck, and you also want to do this on a warm day, in the middle of the day. Remove the rear deck, and the side pillar panels. Cut the garbage bag so you have a flat sheet. Spray the entire window with windex. Then cover the area with the garbage bag, flattening it from the inside out with the credit card. Let it sit for a while, probably an hour should do it. The just peel the garbage bag off and the tint will come with it.

chuco

cool man im gonna give it a shot...i'll let you guys know how it turns out.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Yea please come back and let us know how it turns out. I have been wondering if it works, it should, heard a lot of professionals use the method. Also, use some painters tape around the edges of the bag.

gab17

Window Tint

Removing and putting on tint is hard and complicated so I'd suggest you leave it to the pro. You may check out www.TintBuyer.com. I always consult with them for my tinting needs. The provide infos about window tints such as its types, quotations, tint limits in every state and will even help you locate the best professional tinter near your area. :cool:

bud6770

Your mom has vtec
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i thought those lines were between the 2 planes of glass?

chuco

tinting rescheduled...until friday

whats up guys, i havent attempted the uh window tinting removal yet (weather is not cooperating) so i changed my exhaust manifold gasket yesterday and pianted the manifold. i also did a compression check and came to the conclusion i need to change my head gasket. oh and i also took those retarded hub caps off and went back to steelies but put a chrome lip around them... check it out.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Engine bay looks much better without the heat shield.