tints...?

Jimmy2times

White, middle-class
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok so, don't laugh. :oops: i'm still relatively new and inexperienced in the whole civic tuning...or anything tuning world. i am thinking about getting my rear and rear sides tinted and idk how much it'll run me.

i wanna stay close to legal light-transmission limits and i don't wanna buy the film and do it myself. (for fear of a mess and 50 down the drain.)

and will my rear defroster cause me any trouble (as in bubbles in the tint?)

thanks guys...and girls?

-jimmy2times (black 98 hx reading pa)

tnk

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
call around and get quotes.

it may or may not cause trouble, i know when i had tint i didnt. i guess it depends on a few variables.

Silver Bullet

6 spd = titis
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the tints wont cost and trouble with the defrost.....i know a place thats 150.00 seems alot but if u even see one tiny bubble they will replace it life time

aaren99

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yea, here they go for 120 for a sedan with lifetime warranty. That is usually the thinest legal tint. Once you go to a thicker/darker tint the price starts going up.

Trbolvrcrx

Dude wheres my honda
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Mine cost $150.00 for 20% all around, and $100.00 for a 35% windsheild. Then $50.00 to remove the windsheild tint 4 years later (because of stupid tint laws.).

cvcc

5+ Year Member
so many places have nice combo deals of tint and alarm system installs...
you mentioned you were new... if you need both ask around, you might get a nice deal

oneThree

dcshoeco
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea it all depends on where you live, in chicago its nothing in front of the drivers seat (c pillar). and they love to f**k with you, but when you have the limo tint (5% of light emits through the glass) it looks tits.

Trbolvrcrx

Dude wheres my honda
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The only reason I got pulled over, was because I had to cut the cop off in order to get on another interstate. He even pulled me out of the car to explain why he pulled me over. I swear these cops are younger then me.

desiscrubs

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i got a guy that i know back in texas that will tint for me for 120 bucks or less, all day long (ATR film--good quality tint w/no purpling or bubbling, and 1 piece on the back w/lifetime warranty). but i'm not in texas now, and i need tint on my hatch!! :(

ps i went with 20% all around...i used to have 20 on the sides and 5 on the back windshield....very nice...peaceout

Astheros

AMPhotography
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
damm son...tints in ann arbor, mi are 250 bucks. i got mine done in ny for 120 sunroof and all windows but windshield....really cheap but i got one major peel in the back shield. the heater should actually help it...tints stick better with heat.