10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
How much is the cheapest Zune?

Sundown

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
a lot.

You'll be able to run a mile in no time...

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I can't stand running with music, I hate having headphones in and wires and carrying the thing, even if it is on an armband or something

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
jog like a man...pick up the knee's....

JiuJitsu_greg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dont even get me started on this. the zune is not > then the ipod. if you want a cheap product from a company that doesn't care about it's customers then a zune is for you. If your going to get a zune u may as well just buy a creative player or another cheap mp3 player.

As for jogging it's really a transition thing. You need to try and push yourself. as far as I know from reading abotu you online I would say your main problem is not the shape you are in but the mental aspect of running. running/jogging is all about seting yourself in a mindset. any cross country runner or distance runner will tell you that if you get in that zone you can run forever. people just syc (sp) themselves out. Which least to huffing and puffing which makes you tired. Since you are a new runner you probably hit that point where you start to feel a bit fatigued so you decide to walk. this is your worst enemy. as far as distance goes. I think you should even measure that. I think you should run/jog for a certain time. your distance doesn't matter. what matter is the work your put in. so running for time would suit you better imo.

Mp3 players are a great tool for runners. I use my ipod as a proactive tool for working out/running. I make my run last as long as an album.this way I can lose myself in the music and it makes the run more listen a session of my listening to a cd. for example I will pop up third eye blind and listen to the whole blue album. after the album completes I am done with my run.

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just keep putting one foot in front of the other

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
x2 for jogging in the morining . You get it out of the way, by going in the morining. Doing it later at night sometimes you will just push it off. Push yourself also, it is a mental battle to keep going.

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
ive had my ipod for 3 yrs now. and my zune is s**t, plus it is big.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Thanks again guys for all the tips :thumbs up.

Well let's see. My main goal right now is to run at least a mile a day. And considering I've never gone jogging in my life, it's not too big of a goal but not too small (at least IMHO). Plus there are hills so it's more of a challenge than just running a flat mile.

But as for shoes, anyone recommend a particular brand name? I'm going to the mall soon and I'm gonna buy some running or training shoes.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
But I weigh 130lbs. Will shox really help at all?

I was thinking just any Nike running shoes or something.

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
But I weigh 130lbs. Will shox really help at all?

I was thinking just any Nike running shoes or something.
If I weighed 130lbs I wouldn't be jogging, I'd be eating :lol:

still, that's a comitment I can't even make :thumbs up

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Haha I love to eat. When I'm hungry I'll eat s**t food and what not. But lately I've been trying to eat healthier. I started off with drinking water and naturally sweetened water ONLY about a month ago. Then moved onto eating more veggies (mainly salads) and staying away from a lot of fatty foods. I try to eat more protein (I LOVE chicken) and such. And now I'm trying to run.

I know I could pack on a few pounds but I'm not doing it to lose weight or anything. Just merely trying to get my heart / body healthier since I'm so out of shape.

ryanM

running with someone can be more comfortable, we ran 5k as a team every day this summer, and most of the time i would stick with the group, and i noticed when your with other people, you tend not to work as hard, but its more enjoyable, and if you go out on your own, you tend to push yourself more because you dont have any other distractions, and you get more work done that way. but its good to see that your making an effort, it seems like youve been trying to get healthier a lot lately :thumbs up

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I'm actually thinking of getting new tires put on my bike too. I used to bike every day with my friends. We'd just bike for miles and miles and just go around town, hang out, bike back home, etc.

But yeah I'm trying to make a huge effort to change myself, mostly exercising and getting healthier.

tonyM

caca poopoo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i bike more than i run, but i love bringing my cheapo sandisk mp3 player. i dont care if a drop it and its really small..and its not as pricey as my ipod, thats what i use.it sounds cheezy, but up-tempo music keeps me goin. i listen to alot of aphrodite when i ride. (DnB) but i guess, i would say, start small, and dont push yerself too hard untill your body gets used to the conditioning.
keep us updated man! im gonna post up the 2 rides im doin comming up, one in mn, thats a 50 mile and another in michigan that im going for the 100 miles.... good luck homie!

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
also, make sure when ur done jogging. just don't stop, you need to slow down to a walk or something first.