Tips or suggestions on radio

Jon247

I want to remove my stock radio on my 00 civic EX for on with a AUX port, i bought the new radio already but before i start to remove the stock one and install the new one is there anything i need besides what comes in the box? and do you guys know of any tips or suggestions when removing/installing a radio?

b16lewis

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You need a dash kit and a harness adapter

Sesshomaru

Infamous Furry
It depends if you have the single-din or double-din factory radio. If it's the single din, and the storage thing is under it, you should be good. If you have the double-din, you'll need to buy a kit for it. Like b16lewis said, get a harness adapter. And depending on the harness' wiring scheme, it might color-match and it might not. Look at the manual to see what it says, or it might be printed on each wire itself for what it's to. Just make sure you get the wiring correct the first time. It's a b**** if you have to go back in there and fix something. Some wires may not be used on the vehicles side and also the harness' side. And make sure you mount it in there! I've seen people get lazy and end up with their s*** stolen. GL with the install :thumbs up:

Jon247

its a single DIN so that means i dont need to buy a wiring harness or anything else, right?

im new at this and i dont wanna mess anything up lol, this is my first car/project also

Last edited by a moderator:

Jon247

Finally got it installed today, took a little longer then expected because of some problems we ran into removing the stock radio but nothing major, but as you can tell by the picture... its all good!

Jon247

Yeah everything works fine, couldn't be happier but thankfully my cousin knows his stuff which helped a lot. Changing the radio on this 2000 honda civic was NOT easy lol.