tire detailing. . . .what do u use to get tire shine

haascnc

5+ Year Member
i used to use the armorall simply spray on and walk away stuff. worked pretty well honestly

lately i have a bigger tire to clean as i bought a 4x4 suv lifted with bigger tires...

i also tried the "F21" by Turtle Wax <--- (used to be the 2001 protectant) spray on tire stuff and it doesnt work for crap.

i did see some cans of Meeguires; Mothers; and a few other names of spray on tire shine stuff but wasnt yet willing to pay the (tear the heck of a $10 bill) cost of taking a chance on what looks good. . . know what i mean...

so anyone have any comments as to what you use to show shine / detail your tires...? pics would be greatly welcome.

Thanx !

eskateboarding7

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Any sort of get should give you the best look, granted that your tire is thoroughly cleaned prior to application.

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i like armor all extreme tire shine GEL as a small layer on top of a clean tire(the gel itself is very good but this is how i do it), then a layer of the spray when the first layer has soaked in and dried with Armor all extreme tire shine SPRAY using both gel and spray with a tire shine applicator, and it seems to last a long time for me, even if it rains often. but remember scrub the tires with something like a brush, and use something good to clean them with like simple green when you wash your car.. Use shop towels to clean up the mess you made on the wheels. :thumbs up

the regular or original armor all spray or whatever doesn't last for crap and i hear it actually damages the rubber on the tires instead of protecting them.

31dev31

Chillin' Canadian Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Pressure wash the tires, get all the dirt and scum off.

Let them dry naturally, spray the usual tire shine you got, should work...

haascnc

5+ Year Member
i heard similar about armor all interior protectants as well, which is why i switched to F21 by Turtle Wax.

i have a tire brush i got at wal mart years ago, that i use everytime i wash.

so looks like i be buying some Meguires.

thanx all. i'll be sure to post some pics after.

while on the topic of detailing anyone have recomendations for interior? i use the F21 but if there is something that loks better and possibly smells better, or lasts longer, feel free to clue me in.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Meguiar's has some decent interior products too. I use a type in a red bottle and another in a black bottle. Red bottle smells better.

I steer clear of TW and AA.

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Red bottle is Natural Finish. I think the black bottle is Gold Class vinyl/leather.

31dev31

Chillin' Canadian Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I use black magic all purpose cleaner for the interior, and windex for the windows.

blackej7

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I usually wash them really good and leave them natural but when i want shine i use Meguiar's. Good shine and lasts long.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I like to use westles bleache white spray to clean off any residue on the tires, and then I love ArmorAll's Extreme Tire shine - STUFF IS GLOSSY!

xmariusx

5+ Year Member
I like to use black magic titanium tire gel with the tire sponge so that I don't have any overspray on my rims. In the past I had used a lot of different products on my cars. I like black magic, meguiar's and eagle one products. All of them are about the same including the armor all products. If you do change from one brand to another, I like to degrease the parts that you are using it on (interior or exterior) because I'm anal about stuff like that. I saw simple green (above) which works and 409 works too.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I don't ever just spray the product onto the tires. I use an old cloth and spray into the cloth (cup the cloth around the spray nozzle) and then wipe it onto the tires.

I've used the foam applicators, but they've fallen apart on me before. Right down the seam between the two materials.