tire size problem???

jdm1blackcoupe

5+ Year Member
hey guys i have a question i just install the skunk2 rear camber kit i took it to a place for the alignment is straight now but the tires are rubbing i have a 205 50 15 i don't know if is the rims that i have or the tires because i put a stock rim and is perfect should i get another tire or different rims the distance of the hub is important let me know please thanks ....the rims that i have is the maxxim screech 15'' :(:???:

jason_guy_yeah

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Your tires are too tall, 195 50 15 would be about right and you need to do a fender tuck/trim for the tires to clear.

Show Me Them Titties
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its because your tires use to be sitting inward like this /_/-----o-\_\ now they are sitting straight up and down like this |_|----o-|_| so the tires arent tucking into the fenderwell anymore ther are touching your quarter panel, either deal with negative camber or raise your car up

btw the "o" is your exhaust, sick diagram right....

jdm1blackcoupe

5+ Year Member
thanks i appreciate the explanation so i guess i have to get the 195 50 15 on the back i dont like the idea that i have to ride high again

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
195/55/15 is the correct size, 205/50's should be okay

jdm1blackcoupe

5+ Year Member
so u think if i get stock rims like si would make a difference or i should just change the tire????????????:roll::roll::roll

Buckn8ked

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You can use this site to see what different sizes do for offset and stuff http://www.rims-n-tires.com/rt_specs.jsp =)
hope it helps =) BTW the 205 is width of tire not height the 50 is for the diameter size. are the rims you have 6.5 inches wide ? and whats the offset of them ?

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You can use this site to see what different sizes do for offset and stuff http://www.rims-n-tires.com/rt_specs.jsp =)
hope it helps =) BTW the 205 is width of tire not height the 50 is for the diameter size. are the rims you have 6.5 inches wide ? and whats the offset of them ?
The second number determines the height of the sidewall. 205/50 means the sidewall is 50% of 205. So the the sidewall on 195/50 is not the same as it is on a 205/50

jason_guy_yeah

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My civic has 195/50/15 and about 2 inches from the tire to the quarter panels. As long as you roll..^^ and a camber kit, you'll be fine.

jubei

5+ Year Member
roll your quarters all u need is a baseball bat
Hi, new here this is my first 5th gen Civic I have always wanted one though even went as far as to try & trade my 94 Prelude Vtec for one (deal fell thru). Now a year later swooped in & got this one. I am not on forums constantly but when I have info some one is seeking I share it.

Now how do you roll fenders with a baseball hat? Thanks & glad to be here Jeff =)

jason_guy_yeah

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hi, new here this is my first 5th gen Civic I have always wanted one though even went as far as to try & trade my 94 Prelude Vtec for one (deal fell thru). Now a year later swooped in & got this one. I am not on forums constantly but when I have info some one is seeking I share it.

Now how do you roll fenders with a baseball hat? Thanks & glad to be here Jeff =)
LOL, baseball bat. or a pipe of some sort or even a hammer. Just take the trim off, stick the bat in their and roll the car back and fourth.

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hey guys i have a question i just install the skunk2 rear camber kit i took it to a place for the alignment is straight now but the tires are rubbing i have a 205 50 15 i don't know if is the rims that i have or the tires because i put a stock rim and is perfect should i get another tire or different rims the distance of the hub is important let me know please thanks ....the rims that i have is the maxxim screech 15'' :(:???:
Its because of the offset.