tire size

B Rich 157

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have little 17s on my 04 civic right now. I want to put 18s on my civic, but I was wandering what size tire I can roll with. I know 215/40/18 will work, but will 225/40/18 work without making mods to my civic?

civic03

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea.. i've seen couple people with 225/40/18 on their 7th gens.. i dunno if they have lowered it or not though.. i think it wasn't lowered.. why not just go wit 215/40/18?

B Rich 157

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I live out in the country, so I want a little bit of tire instead of almost none. So whatever I get, I will be doing some riding on them.

Jezek

No Avatar FTW.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
B Rich 157 said:
I live out in the country, so I want a little bit of tire instead of almost none. So whatever I get, I will be doing some riding on them.
You know that the middle number (i.e. 40) is the thickness of your sidewall, right? Cause 225 is the actual width of the tire, as if you were looking at the tread of the tire. Just thought I'd make sure you understand that cause by the way you put it, it makes it seem like you don't want a tire that's too thin or skinny....

PANGES

Tree > Skyline 240sx :(
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
B Rich 157 said:

do you really want that wide of tires on your civic? it's gonna kill ur gas mileage even more in addition to having the 18's... more rotating mass

DirtyD

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so, you live in the country and you want 18s.....

please smack yourself

you'll waste alllll that money on rims that'll look to big only to ruin them

B Rich 157

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I live in the south. I don't have to worry about all that stuff you big city people worry about, like snow, rain, pot holes, and other stuff like that. Before you say I will waste my money, think about where you are and the money you waste due to snow and so on.

mugen00

American Honda=Domestic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think 215/40/18 will be just fine for you.

exmashin

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
not all city's hav snow, hahahaha....trust me 18s on a 7thgen is TOO BIG! but w/e u can waste your cash...u goin for show or go...cause if its go, 18's will kill u if its show, im sure the "SOUTH's" roads arent perfect...

jttegx

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
each to its own.

18's are fine, members off 7thgencivic.com run on 19's and even 20's (of course their show). 215/40/18 would be ideal for your needs. daily driving, encountering certain conditions, etc. their is really no need to run 225 because you arent into the "performance" theme obviously since your going 18s. 225 on 17's is a different story though. if you really want to run 225, 225/35/18 could work, but is your car lowered or plan to?

civictyper04

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
DirtyD said:
so, you live in the country and you want 18s.....

please smack yourself

you'll waste alllll that money on rims that'll look to big only to ruin them

haha thats great..lol

B Rich 157

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my car is not lowered and i don't plan to unless i need to. if i keep my 17s on there, then i would really need to get it lowered cause my 17s look like 16s.

DirtyD

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
B Rich 157 said:
I live in the south. I don't have to worry about all that stuff you big city people worry about, like snow, rain, pot holes, and other stuff like that. Before you say I will waste my money, think about where you are and the money you waste due to snow and so on.
??? none?

why would I be wasting money on snow?

B Rich 157

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
By how it looks, with my 17s, I'm already going 1.5% faster than normal. If I get 215/40/18, it will be .94%, and with 215/35/18, it will be 4.4%.