Tire Suggestions

StreetEuro99

Dont make me reload!
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey, anyone got a paticular tire in a 195/55/15 they like? I am looking too keep atleast a V rating. Currently I have Kumho Ecsta Supra 712's. I love them, they are a great summer tire, but I'm looking for something that will still drive decent in light snow as well. Also, having a good wet driving rating is important. The stupid down pours here in Maryland are crazy.

My train of thought is, I will get these new tires for this fall/winter/early spring, then get a new set of 16's with good summer tires in the spring. Any ideas?

I've been satisfied with Kumho for awhile, so I was already looking at these two below, but I am defiently open to other brands as well. Thanks for any input.

Solus KR21 (even though they are T rated)

Ecsta ASX

Jbuck2KCivic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I'm running the Yoko avs es100's and really like them, but you said they have to be decent in the snow so I guess they're outta the question.

MajEK

Cry Some More
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Check out this list. http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/surveydisplay.jsp?type=HPAS

I've only owned the Dunlop SP Sport A2's and some people say they wear quick but I am a pretty spirited driver at night and the tires have lasted almost 2 years and I would say they're at maybe %50 tread left.
They dont see much snow but I have taken them up to the mtns a few times and the snow on the way up there didnt seem to effect them. No slipping or weaving on the hills.

fliposopher

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i've been rollin on kumho ecstas asx for a few hundred miles now; no complaints

JoeB

Skunk2 racing
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
From best to worse:(as I interpreted you need all-season)
Yokohama yk520
kunho ASX
kunho AST
BFG Traction T/A

henkz0r

Unobtanium Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I love some Bridgestone Potenza RE960 Pole Positions for all-season. Excellent grip in the wet. I haven't had them thru snow yet, as I bought them this past spring.

2.0si007

5+ Year Member
Toyo Proxes Plus 4 And It Is All Season/sport, Kumo Sucks Too Stiff And It Is A Cheap Tire,
Dont Know If They Make That Size But Hard To Find.i Had 205/40/17 Soft Dude Very Nice.

joe.wong321

5+ Year Member
I want to get a set of Potenza 960
I hv 15x6.5 Konig Helium rims
so wt size of tires should I get ?
I want to get the best handling and conering
185/65HR15
195/60HR15
195/65HR15
205/60HR15
205/65HR15
215/60HR15