Tires Hurt?

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I was wondering if getting a different tire size will hurt anything. I know the manufactures recommendation for 15" wheels are 195/55-15, so if I got 205/50-15, would it do anything bad to my car? I ask this b/c I heard that getting wider tires can mess up your transmission or something.

xquesiano

Air Head
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no, the tire size you want to go with is good, the only thing i can see happening is that your speedometer will be a little bit off.

iCivic

EJ8 in the making...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i run 205/50/15 on my fat fives, i hate skinny tires

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
So it will actually fit then? on a 195 to 205 is there much of a noticable difference?

iCivic

EJ8 in the making...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yea, i honestly think there's quite a bit of diff., looks wider and puts more rubber to the ground

civicex9700

5+ Year Member
your speedo shouldn't be off. as long as you remember +10 - 5 if you go 10 wider you have to go 5 shorter to keep the same height as your stock tires.

ryanM

205's arent really that much different than 195's. im running 205's in back and 195's up front and i cant tell the difference between them.

BlackHopeDC5

Is Black Again??? :shock:
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
your speedometer will be slightly faster but nothing noticable.. your tire will be slightly closer to the inside of the wheel well. and you will be slightly more prone to rubbing...

nothing at all to be worried about really; we all upgrade to 205