to turbo or not to turbo...that is the question

graffbc

5+ Year Member
have a gsr...should i go all motor or just slap a turbo on that bad boy? its for canyon running not straights but i love the sound of turbo spool. what do you guys think? any ups or down to boosting? never had a boosted car before so dont know too much about them. other then they dont catch traction...haha!

civicboi11

5+ Year Member
if your looking to do canyon runs i would go all motor like you said sometimes grabbing traction on boost can be hard the last thing you want is to lose grip while cornering also the gsr are is decently high compression which doesnt always go hand in hand with boost so if i had to say one way or the other i would say build the thing to be bamf

Mugen DC5

Back to a civic
5+ Year Member
^^i agree if you wanna do canyon runs all motor is the way to go, i'd hate to lose traction when i'm trying to grip a corner going high speeds.. but boost is so much fun lol, i'm boosting my b20b just pistons rods and 7 psi since it's my dd.

graffbc

5+ Year Member
damn i want to boost but yeah corning at high speeds is a must for me...idk maybe ill built the motor or just get another GSR...one turbo and one NA

d16devin

id go all motor
check into bisimoto.com....best bang for your buck as far as NA builds go.
if you boost it stay with a smaller trim turbo and something high quality (turbonetics, greddy etc). you get what you pay for with car parts. a smaller turbo wont lag as much and traction will be fine assuming you know how to drive and keep the boost lower. let us know what you decide. either way tons of people on here will be ready to give you advice either NA or turbo
peace

Sammo115

It be me, Sammo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What mountain pass allows you to travel at " high speeds" ??? Nothing wrong with having a boosted application and doing touge passes. Its all on the matter of which turbo you choose and which trim.