Tons of Fresh New Goodies!

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

sorry for the shitty cell pic, but its too dark and my camera died. PICS TMR!

Heres the deal.

Front Left is lowered perfect (slightly tucked), but i need to beat out the panels so itll stop scrapin.

Front Right isnt low enough, about a finger and a half gap

Rear Left isnt low at all, but it was the first side i did so ill f**k with later.

Rear Right has TWO broken LCA bolts, so im rollin to Honda in like...5 hours to get some. hasnt been touched.

rolled it down around the block. i didnt go over 20 beacuse i was scared of the broken bolts.

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
BEFORE:

AFTER:

[

Problems, Its still not finished. i have to wait on JHP for my arms, so i can cut the hell out of it:

hopefully i can get it all fixed up by next week. i need an alignment.

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
FINALLY DONE EVERYTHING! from seized bolts, to bent metal, to angle grinders, to broken pieces, wrong pieces, and 4 XXL Monster cans, no sleep and work call out...i present to you, my suck ass suspension :lol:

feel free to hate/love/throw some feedback at me

subframe brace/ sway bar up next!..in a few weeks

Munky_JDM

www.MunkyBusiness.tk
5+ Year Member
How the Ride
and Please Be Honest!

chadi

chuatZ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
my friend had some drop zones, they were alright at first...then "drop" they started saggin and s**t

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
looks good, just not liking the orange looking lca.
neither am i...their supposed to be gold. they look more gold in person though.

ShinsenTuner

CC's Youngest OG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Good job, looks like you handled it well. =)

97GreenEX

SiR=Hotness
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Nice. Beaks+ ASR brace though? Is that overkill or no? It's blingin!

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
not over kill, just ballin :lol: i jsut hate seeing (or not being able to see) that subframe when i know it can look really nice a polished brace

id like to feel the difference with front/rear sways. heard its amazing

mix4

5+ Year Member
Do you not have them adjusted yet or is it just the angle of the pic? Looks like a deer trying to figure out how to walk to me.

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Do you not have them adjusted yet or is it just the angle of the pic? Looks like a deer trying to figure out how to walk to me.
:wtf:

have i not adjusted what? im lost...and what looks like a deer...trying to, nvm

D Grade

NOT Banned
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Looks good. Lovin' the Beaks lower tie bar. I switched from a Spoon lower tie to the Beaks and love the noticability of it, as well as the functionality of the Beaks over the Spoon bar (no pivot ends like the Spoon bar).

Just like you, I did a full rear suspension/under chassis make over before I left the states to come back to Iraq. I did the Beaks bar, ASR subframe brace (brushed aluminum), and the red Password JDM LCA's (which are fairly spendy for LCA's, but are an awesome piece and also use spherical bushings instead of conventional rubber/silicone/urethane bushings (so no worries about torn bushings like in the pic on the previous pages). If I could go back, I would have ordered an upgraded rear sway at the same time (still rockin' the stock Si in the rear). However Im very pleased with the end result so far. Would post pics, but I need my camera to upload the pics I took before I left.

Another thing, Im still sportin' the Dropzone shock/Skunk2 coilover setup the Si came with when I bought it almost 2 years ago. I would definitly not recommend this setup to anyone serious about taking their car to the track. Maybe for someone on a budget who wants a quick drop, but thats about it. The ride isn't "horrible", but it is bouncy to an extent and certainly not desirable for a true performance suspension setup.

When I get back, I plan on switching the current setup on my EM1 to the same coilover setup I have on my MKIV, which are Tein Flex coilovers. I swear by the performance and quality that Tein products offer now that I've had the privilage of installing and owning a car with them. =)

knightxrider1

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hows the ride? would look 100x better if you washed your car and the colors matched up more. but all else looks good.

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
hows the ride? would look 100x better if you washed your car and the colors matched up more. but all else looks good.
right off the bat, its MAD bumpy, but i dont mind it too much since i drive highway a majority of the time. but when you hit a bridge joint, holy hell :lol: i havent really broken it in yet, i jsut drive it from A-B to give it time to settle it before i decide to try and see what it can handle. in all honesty, i was just tired of seeing that HUGE gap prior to lowering, and it was eating at me, so i did it the cheap way. i would NOT recogmend this AT ALL for any kind of Auto-x/racing/acting like an idiot on the road as this setup is jsut par for daily driving. if you can get over the bumpyness id say go buy it, but thats just me

as for washing it...i lowered it, got an alignment, THEN washed it and took it for a mini-shoot! take a peek

http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=148176&p=2366158#post2366158

EDIT: btw, the rear coilover is as low as itll go and i still have about a finger gap. the front is fine, but the rears do NOT nearly go low enough :???: