Too tall for this civic!! (seat modifications)

Volante86

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm 6'5" and i own an 88' civic lx 4dr. I love this car (only gots 65,000 miles on it), but i can't stand being in it for more than an hour without stopping to get out and stretch my legs. I've hit my knee on the steering wheel a few times climbing out of the car in a hurry. :oops: that really hurt.
Does anyone know how to make the seat go back. I tried looking for teg seats but i can't find red. The whole interior of my car is red. Same as the outside. If i get seats from a teg, i'd have to reopohlster the back seats to match the front ones, or have my whole interior redone altogether. i don't know. maybey alittle feedback would be useful. Since i'm startin to travel alot, this seat issue will be unacceptable to me and i might have to sell the car altogether and get someting bigger.

leecruz

Enter the honda
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Is there any lever to pull cuz it might have not been installed :?: :???:

EM1_ProJect

Yeah...it's boosted
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
where in florida are you....17 and 6'5"...thats tall

leecruz

Enter the honda
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hell yeah :shock:

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yea, what part of FL?

PANGES

Tree > Skyline 240sx :(
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
EM1_ProJect said:
where in florida are you....17 and 6'5"...thats tall
what a freak.. there he is... up there!! :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

hehe, jk bout the freak thing, wish i was that tall

91b18hatch

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
drill new holes and move the seat back if you cant adjust it

beaks90hf

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah i have the same problem. who ever designed the seating for these cars must have been smokin something. i am 17 and i am 6'2" i saw a jdm tilt steerin column on ebay i thought about getting so maybe my knees wouldnt be rubbin the wheel

Volante86

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My seat does have a lever on it. But i need to go back more. My steering wheel also tilts. (An option on the 4thgens) but very little. It's kinda dum that tilting steering wheel was an option.
I am 17 and 6/'5.
I'm from Indian River County florida. My city is called Fellsmere.

AZSprmnn

From AK to AZ to AK to OR
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
one of my dads friends is like 6'8 6'9 - tall mother f**ker - and he fit in the back seat of my civic with no problem. he actully had fun driving it too haha i was like ok i know u came from cali to alaska but i need my car to go to work he was like awww :(

leecruz

Enter the honda
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
How much space do you have behind the seat, like in inches?

Volante86

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
About 6 inches of leg space for the back seat people. But no one ever sits back ther anyway.

Jas0n

What's up dogz!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
solution = custom made seat rails

leecruz

Enter the honda
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Try modifying it by just adding longer rails and drilling wholes where they would be. just a suggestion might seem hard but if you like your ride do it

dcshoecomp

Wow that sucks for you tall guys i like being short, But i have my 91 si and the seat goes back way for and i have the tilt steering wheel, i didnt even know that the tilt was an option i must be lucky but, the seats are also bucket seats which may help a little but your best bet would be the tilt wheel

Danny

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have a similar problem, but only when I'm racing...damn helmet bangs into the roof. Any ideas on how to LOWER the seat???

As for being 6'-7", custom rails to slide the seat further back...