took my Civic to the strip for the first time...

wdwalker

only blown the intake air
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I went out to the Brainerd Optimist 1/8 mi. Drag Strip a couple of weeks ago, i just wanted to get some numbers of what my car runs stock so i can have a comparison after i go vtec and turbo it...

I ended up running a best time of 10.503 @ 63.54mph. not bad at all for a basically stock DX. here are the stats (i know the pic is kinda blurry but its the best i can do with my digital camera). i was car 72.

Reaction Time -- 1.123 (yeah i know but i'm still gettin used to launching, ive only driven a stick for like a month)
60 ft -- 2.274 (pretty good for Michelin Weatherwise tires, i think)
330 ft -- 6.775
594 ft -- 9.795
1/8 ET -- 10.503
1/7 MPH -- 63.54

And yes, by the way, i did manage to get my ass handed to me by a Neon SRT-4, as i knew i would, but i wanted to see just how bad he would manage to kick my ass.

Also, the highlight of my night was a mexican in an automatic cavalier with the altezzas, big spoiler, pumping subs-- Lightning Audio brand, green neons, and "NAWZ", as he called it (he had a nice big sticker on the side of his car, evidently he's "got" it). Unfortunately, he was unable to procure a bottle, telling me that it is a hidden cheater kit. He was ripping on my civic for being stock-looking, and bragged about how he could do circles around it all day. i finally convince him to take his big mouth over to the staging lanes, and we line up. From the launch, he was behind me the entire time, running a good half a second slower than i did. so much for his hidden NOS bottle...

here's a pic of that run

he was sooo pissed... all his friends were like "what happened i thought that your car is fast but you just got beaten by a stock Civic DX, the non-vtec economy one?" unable to think of a witty comeback, he just turned his already clipping subs up to full volume so he didn't have to listen to their heckling.

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol...thats funny you beat the guy....but damn that srt is slow

Last edited:

wdwalker

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the guy popped his hood for me- i'm trying to remember off the top of my head what all he had on it---
lessee... there was an aem cai, he said he had a chipped ecu, i think exhaust but it might have just been the stock one cuz i know they have a really nice duallie system... prob. some other stuff too i can't think of right now.

94civic4door

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
those are 1/8 times those arent 1/4 mile times
you would be running 16 sec at 1/4.what is your 1/4 miles time

ekracer_83

hardcore rice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
when i first read it and says 10 sec...wtf? stock can't run 10? until you proven the slip. 1/8? thats nothing.
we lived 10 second of our life time and thats only 1/4 mile.

wdwalker

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
right, sorry bout that, i meant to mention it but figured people would realize a stock dx isn't gonna be doin 10 second passes without some MAJOR mods. there isn't a quarter mile strip anywhere close to where i live, but according to the 1/8-1/4 et calculator, i'd be doing about 16.3 sec.

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea you are pullin pretty good runs ... keep up the good work.

Squintz

Banned
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ekracer_83 said:
when i first read it and says 10 sec...wtf? stock can't run 10? until you proven the slip. 1/8? thats nothing.
we lived 10 second of our life time and thats only 1/4 mile.
I live my life a quarter mile at a time... For those 10 seconds or less....

civicsi94

dial up ownz me
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol i knew someone was gonna say that sooner or later.

Squintz

Banned
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
civicsi94 said:
lol i knew someone was gonna say that sooner or later.
I couldn't make sense of the last sentance of his post, so thats the first thing that came to mind

sohc_vtec 2NR

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
congrats on hitting a 2.27 go ft!! you got out of the hole quick, but you just need more power. your r/t has nothing to do with your final 1/8 time

jameson1686

forever a post whore
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
at first i was like damn 10 sec, but i realized. nice job on the ricer. show that f**ker

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
turbo95eg6 said:
lol...thats funny you beat the guy....but damn that srt is slow
:werd:
i'm betting money it's the driver that's slow... not the car

wdwalker

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well regardless if the driver or the car is slow (which i can assure you the car is not), he still whooped my ass big time. but the way this strip works is you line up in 4 lanes and they take cars from two lanes at a time. it just so happened i lined up against that srt-4. but i figured i didn't care anyway cuz all i was looking for was to get some numbers of what my car does stock, not cruisin for a kill. (except for with that nasty green cavalier, i felt it was my duty to prove to him that yes, his car is slow and hella ugly :slap: )

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
word, cavaliers arent cool....2.4 liter ecotec = garbage

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
EX 2000 said:
word, cavaliers arent cool....2.4 liter ecotec = garbage
the worlds sport compact land speed record was set by a 2.4l ecotec :shock:
in a saturn i believe...
they beat out the previous record by like 15mph set by a honda

Tommy Pickles

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah, those things do put mad power down and go mad fast. Mainly 'cause of all the money GM put into promoting the Ecotec. But Cav's are still a POS.

bad6as

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just to let you know your 1/4 will be more then a 16.3 it will be over a 16.5 for sure