Tool on iTunes (or lack thereof)

qwikxr

former PCM#3
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Is it me, or can you NOT buy Tool music on iTunes? I can find 'A Perfect Circle' (maynard's other project) but not TOOL specifically..

I searched here to ensure this wasnt covered before, but didnt see anything..

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
If the recording company didn't agree to it, then you won't find it.

JiuJitsu_greg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
They are a decent band. I just find they put out a lot of music about the same subject matter and their music usually feels the same to me. Kind of like 311, they have that specific sound that never changes. Don't get me wrong tool has put out some good songs but as a whole I find their music vapid and hollow.

rei

jSolo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
They are a decent band. I just find they put out a lot of music about the same subject matter and their music usually feels the same to me. Kind of like 311, they have that specific sound that never changes. Don't get me wrong tool has put out some good songs but as a whole I find their music vapid and hollow.
What the hell are you talking about? EVERY Tool album has been about different things.. Their old stuff sounds completely different than their latest stuff..

JiuJitsu_greg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
What the hell are you talking about? EVERY Tool album has been about different things.. Their old stuff sounds completely different than their latest stuff..
I don't see it that way. Maynard seems to sing the same. His lyrics are usually about the same few things. Sex, god, abuse. This hold true for a perfect circle most of the time too. The drums seem to always be tuned down to the same degree. I just don't see the genious in their music that everyone speaks of. I see good single songs but as a whole I don't see them as a great just your average band.

just for shits here a video of maynard hip throwing a guy then hold him in a Rnc while he sings at a concert.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-xsr-t0vR8

rei

jSolo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I don't see it that way. Maynard seems to sing the same. His lyrics are usually about the same few things. Sex, god, abuse. This hold true for a perfect circle most of the time too. The drums seem to always be tuned down to the same degree. I just don't see the genious in their music that everyone speaks of. I see good single songs but as a whole I don't see them as a great just your average band.

just for shits here a video of maynard hip throwing a guy then hold him in a Rnc while he sings at a concert.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-xsr-t0vR8
The thing about Maynard's lyrics is that its hard to understand what he's really singing about.. it may seem as if he's talking about one thing, but he's really not..

Ah, its just an opinion anyways.. I love Tool and always will.. I can heavily relate myself to alot of Maynard's lyrics, so yeah.. Tool is amazing in my book..

qwikxr

former PCM#3
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well, here's my take on TOOL.. Back about 10 yrs ago, after my divorce, I roommated with a friend of 12yrs or so.. He listened to TOOL, nonstop! I couldnt stand it. When I moved out, I was so glad to be away from all that TOOL...

..About 4 months later, I suddenly had the urge to listen to some TOOL. I bought the Opiate cd. The next day, I bought the rest of their cds.. And have bought all others, since (theres only a handful, I know.) I havent bought their latest one, but can't wait to get it.

I, too, relate to most of their music. I play guitar, and have been, since 1983. Most of my early styles were more along the lines of the late, SRV, BB King, Otis Rush, and Freddie King.

In the mid-late 90's, Adam Jones' style (guitarist for TOOL) became quite interesting to me, after hearing some licks on a few Melvins discs..

But none of this is really related to my OP.. lol

Adam Jones - TOOL

The late, great, Stevie Ray Vaughan