Top Gear: USA

253eg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well, Top Gear USA premieres tomorrow on the History Channel. I know a lot of us LOVE the original Top Gear. How do you guys feel about this one? I read on Gizmodo that the first episode sucks, but the show starts getting its character as the episodes roll out and they say it gets better and better.

I, at first, wasn't excited about this, but with Top Gear not coming back on till like February, I'm craving me some Top Gear.

[YOUTUBE="Top Gear USA"]vezOfu7ayso[/YOUTUBE]

What do you think?

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I, at first, wasn't excited about this, but with Top Gear not coming back on till like February, I'm craving me some Top Gear.
Yeah that's exactly how I feel at the moment. Wasn't really sure what to expect from it but in the least we'll start seeing some more cars we'd be likely to drive rather than a lot the European cars we don't really have out here.

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I'm hoping it does well, but I have a feeling it won't. It doesn't have the personalities that the original has, which is what makes Top Gear as popular as it is, all I've seen, is them trying to BE the original Top Gear. Plus, I'm getting sick of Tanner Foust. He is a cool guy, but I'm tired of seeing him on every car show.

00_Civic_Si

BrokenEM1
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Idk if i'm gunna like it. I love the original Top Gear more because the English accent makes the show.

I'll watch it for sure, but not sure on the whole series.

Ron...

5+ Year Member
I'm gonna try and watch the first episode but I doubt that it's going to be as good as the euro show.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I'm hoping it does well, but I have a feeling it won't. It doesn't have the personalities that the original has, which is what makes Top Gear as popular as it is.
This is how I feel. The main reason I watch top gear is because the hosts are funny as hell. I don't know that this is going to work out..

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
This is how I feel. The main reason I watch top gear is because the hosts are funny as hell. I don't know that this is going to work out..
Sadly, I think if they had the original casts, like Adam Corolla on, it could be a good show, but with him gone, you got a pro drifter, a NASCAR reporter and some dude I've never heard of.

pyropunker25

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
not shiting on the new one because i havent seen it, but being british, i feel like they're gonna ruin it... the original guys are great...i also think that show 5th gear is a rip off i think its the Australian version...

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
not shiting on the new one because i havent seen it, but being british, i feel like they're gonna ruin it... the original guys are great...i also think that show 5th gear is a rip off i think its the Australian version...
Fifth Gear is done in the UK, and has been on for 17 series. It started on April of 2002, whereas the new Top Gear started on October of 2002.

Fifth Gear came on after Top Gear stopped in 2001.

253eg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Sadly, I think if they had the original casts, like Adam Corolla on, it could be a good show, but with him gone, you got a pro drifter, a NASCAR reporter and some dude I've never heard of.
He is supposedly the comedian that Adam Corolla was suppose to be. His name is Adam Ferrara? Something like that.

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
He is supposedly the comedian that Adam Corolla was suppose to be. His name is Adam Ferrara? Something like that.
Eh, I don't know. He just doesn't seem funny to me?

iluvpho

5+ Year Member
lol is that the chief from rescue me?

seems cool. at least some american cars are featured

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
we'll see we'll see, but im feeling like Jolly right now. Actually, i've only seen recoded episodes of the original Top Gear show.

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well its not going to be the original top gear but it beats watching 90% of the crap on tv so i can't complain.

AutoFanatik

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i will watch. and it will disappoint but hey, what else ya gonna do. cant play xbox allll the time can you?

purpej1

honda fiend
Registered VIP
im gonna miss seeing them clowns and their rubbish accents but i guess this will do.

CDubs

Registered VIP
so far it isnt too bad as much as i dont like Foust...defiantly cannot compare to the original but this makes due to me

00_Civic_Si

BrokenEM1
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You know what? I actually loved it. It has a different twist than the original Top Gear and a more Americanized feel to it.

Let's see if they can keep up with the hype.

nicoalex2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Not bad but I need the English accents and euro roads and cities