top speed

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
just curious..whats the top speed of my 06 EX? ive had it up to 100 with no govern. anyone know if there is a governer? if so whats it at

ive driven like 145 in my truck..but i dont wanna do that again to see for myself i got enough tickets

0royalblue6

Nor-Cal User
5+ Year Member
my lx is 127, if anyone finds a way to remove this it would be of great help to me.

Silver Bullet

6 spd = titis
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
y would u wanna go that fast n e ways? u wanna know how fast ur going go to the desert make sure a cop is chasing u and than pull over when u notice ur not going any faster than ask the cop how fast u were going and what u did wrong....im tired of people askin the same question

Kumo

Chillin with the D.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
if you are tired of answering the same question then don't answer it. Duh!

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Kumo said:
if you are tired of answering the same question then don't answer it. Duh!
great solution.

but i did a search and didnt see an answer so i asked. ty

GooseS2000

SourPatchKid
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
going fast is just a waste of gas, just go to speed limit.

King Bob

The life'o Riley
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the limitation is a result of the weight of the vehicle the amount of power avalible and the wind resistance, if you want to go faster make the car more powerful or lighter. For refrence the Si is not limited and it tops out at around 140.

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i didnt say i wanted to make it go faster...just wanna know what the top speed is :-/

TheCrazy1

i-VTEC addict
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I've heard of people going around 125 in non-Si models, I'm not sure if that's where it tops out though.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
King Bob said:
the limitation is a result of the weight of the vehicle the amount of power avalible and the wind resistance, if you want to go faster make the car more powerful or lighter. For refrence the Si is not limited and it tops out at around 140.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=RqJKObvoEKU&search=2006+civic+si
This video by TOV shows that the Si is limited (fuel cut) and tops out at 157. They also quote their tested EX at 145, but suggest it could be something to do with it being pre-production since that's higher speed than the tires are rated at.

DuH-ReL

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
King Bob said:
You sure it's not limited? Fastest I hit in the Si so far is 130 and I wasn't even at redline in 6th =X
TheCrazy1 said:
I've heard of people going around 125 in non-Si models, I'm not sure if that's where it tops out though.
Yep, that's what I heard.

koonce727

5+ Year Member
In my 06 ex coupe, i have had it up to 130. It wasnt redlined but it didnt feel like it was pulling anymore

King Bob

The life'o Riley
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nope I am pretty sure. I saw a vid of some guys holding a camera toping out in the 140 range, thisis supported by the tov test becasue it was performed on a dyno so the engine didnot have to worry about weight and wind resistance.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yeah, see my last post in here. In the video I posted, the host says their EX got up to 145.

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah dynos are like that hence why you normally dont get the same mpg because they tested it on a dyno..maybe a wind tunnel but still not the same

NOFX said:
Yeah, see my last post in here. In the video I posted, the host says their EX got up to 145.
im pretty sure he said it was pre production model for that

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
GETxERxDONE said:
yeah dynos are like that hence why you normally dont get the same mpg because they tested it on a dyno..maybe a wind tunnel but still not the same

im pretty sure he said it was pre production model for that
Re-read my post. I said it too.
NOFX said:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=RqJKObvoEKU&search=2006+civic+si
This video by TOV shows that the Si is limited (fuel cut) and tops out at 157. They also quote their tested EX at 145, but suggest it could be something to do with it being pre-production since that's higher speed than the tires are rated at.