Tow Hook question?? EK CIVIC|

carlosrubio13

5+ Year Member
Hope you can help me...

I've been thinking to buy a couple of Datum Tow Hooks for my EK (front and rear)

but i don't know if my fog lights will interfere... do i have to take them out or what??
and also, is my rear lip going to interfere also??..

Please, help me!!

Here's my car...

greetings!!

98civb18c

Banned
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the rear tow hook you can adjust so that it clears your rear bumper. As for the front, I put mine into my metal bumper support and it fits in between my bumper grill. I went with Benen Ind Limited Edition candy apple red tow hooks, ran me 110 bucks shipped.

carlosrubio13

5+ Year Member
i didn't know rear tow hook can be adjusted to clear my bumber =)...

but, do you think i have to remove my foglights?? because i'm not, i don't want to...

do you have a picture of a ek4 with fogs and tow hook?? that would be nice!!

thanks for your help!!

enycesam

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You don't have to remove your fogs. You just don't put the front where the fogs are, just move it over to the side. You're going to have to drill holes anyways for the front to fit.

Mieky_ny

5+ Year Member
you dont have 2 take off your lights and it clears your back bumper you have to make holes in the bumper support though .. but in my opinion you shouldnt get tow hooks unless you plan on doin sum dum shitt and get towed.

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
imo id go with a j's racing front hook for the ek9 chassis so you dont have to do any drilling...

ej_EXtasy

Big Dave
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you dont have 2 take off your lights and it clears your back bumper you have to make holes in the bumper support though .. but in my opinion you shouldnt get tow hooks unless you plan on doin sum dum shitt and get towed.
Why would you do something dumb like answer a question that's been answered numerous times already? I'm sure everyone gets a tow hook because they plan on doing something dumb.

carlosrubio13

5+ Year Member
thanks for all you help!! a friend of mine just installed his tow hooks today, and he sent me some pics... doesn't matter if they are datum, benen, passwordjdm, at the end, it's funcionality not the brand!

saludos de mexico!!

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
id lower it before you get towhooks

Docta2002

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
How bout you spend money on a 99-00 front bumper/grill/fogs instead of a crappy tow hook that looks rice and is only good if you end up in a ditch, that is it doesnt bend. idk, for me having a tow hook is like being prepared for something you dont want to happen....

Boricuapr_1

5+ Year Member
Hey post some pics once you get done with the tow hooks, thinking about getting them too, really don't care much if is rice or not

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
idk, for me having a tow hook is like being prepared for something you dont want to happen....
lol isnt that the whole point? to be prepared in case something does happen? sure wish i had them when my crvtec popped. taking your front bumper off at night in the rain on a dirt driveway to get your car onto a flatbed trailer FTL

op, you have to drill the mounting holes somewhere on the bumper support or frame, so basically you can put it anywhere you want

*edit*
you can see mine in my sig below. it's mounted on the frame that holds the bumper support in place. that's the only case when you'd have to remove the fog lights. if you mount it on the bumper support the hook should come out the grill. i didnt have a choice b/c of the intercooler

Last edited:

SupermansDX

5+ Year Member
who plans on having their car break down? your tire blows, your axle snaps, your engine goes boom, all generally uncontrolable, tow hooks look good and are fully functional. you can put the front tow hook anywhere within the grill, you choose.