tow hooks

SPOONIECIVIC

NO its really fast!!!
5+ Year Member
i scored some benen tow hooks last night and i was wondering if anyone knows how to put the front one on? i havnt looked at the car yet but i dont remember seeing anything that the hooks bolts on too.thanks fellas

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I believe you have to drill into the bumper support.

redsidriver

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yes you have to cut a hole for access and then drill two holes for the bolts. once bumper is back on you will not be able to see any of it.

watisjdm

Clit Commander
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
yeah its a pain in the ass cause u gotta drill the support

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
These are still in style?

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
They're just bling unless you need to get towed. Sometimes they look like rice. Other times, they're okay.

I never knew you had to drill into your bumper support either. That bites. It's good having friends that have every tool you need to do whatever job :lol:.

redsidriver

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
or you can just put the rear one on that doesnt require any drilling just bolt that sucker up

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
f**k that, i wouldn't drill any holes or take off my bumper for that when the stock front tow hook works just fine, mine has been used twice

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I cant wait till these things go out of "style", tow hooks ruin the clean lines of a car.

Similar to a pimple on Jessica Alba's ass.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
f**k that, i wouldn't drill any holes or take off my bumper for that when the stock front tow hook works just fine, mine has been used twice
low + lip + stock tow hooks = sucks pulling onto a flatbed with the stock hook... ive used my benen hooks on several occasions..

Redwing24

Proud owner of a 99tegls
5+ Year Member
get pulled out of a snow drift by a pickup and you'll need something better than the stock ones, without tearing your bumper off. But I think I'm the only one here who lives in weather it snows and plows don't hit the roads right away.

SPOONIECIVIC

NO its really fast!!!
5+ Year Member
personally i like them. and yes the car is slammed with a lip so i know that it is really hard to get on a flat bed. thank god i work for lexus, the front goes on tomorrow............

redsidriver

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
even with the oem lip and lowering it will cause problems for the stock tow hooks. i have them on my car and i dont think they ruin the stock lines at all . plus i like the front one in case anybody backs up too close to my car theyll hit that instead of the bumper

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
low + lip + stock tow hooks = sucks pulling onto a flatbed with the stock hook... ive used my benen hooks on several occasions..
:word:

try hooking up a chain to the stock front hooks when your 2.5" off the ground... you cant do it without fukin up the lip or having to take it off completely. i just replaced my generic ebay tow hooks with benen hooks this past weekend (thanks highneo!). you have to drill 1/2" holes through the bumper support and trim out the fog light cutout hole a little so the hook fits through it. it took about 1/2 hour to mount the front one, 2 secs to mount the rear. sorry no pics yet. i might snap a camera phone pic later today

cerasoli1188

Love/Hate Relationship
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
:word:

try hooking up a chain to the stock front hooks when your 2.5" off the ground... you cant do it without fukin up the lip or having to take it off completely. i just replaced my generic ebay tow hooks with benen hooks this past weekend (thanks highneo!). you have to drill 1/2" holes through the bumper support and trim out the fog light cutout hole a little so the hook fits through it. it took about 1/2 hour to mount the front one, 2 secs to mount the rear. sorry no pics yet. i might snap a camera phone pic later today
I wanna see those pics I've got some benen hooks I was thinking about putting on